Chapter 36 (Edited)

Two weeks had passed by quicker than you could say: 'How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?' 10 times.

We weren't the only ones that were packing. Joe had asked David if he and his son could live with his pack. He knew that this place would bring back memories of his mate. However, he didn't want to hurt himself, because he had a son. David had obliged, so they were going to move back with us.

I sighed a little, as David picked up the rest of my stuff. We were moving back to his pack. He wouldn't let me pack up my stuff, since he wanted to 'prove' himself, worthy of his love.

I could walk a small bit, and I could stand for a little while longer if I was holding onto something. But, I was stuck in a wheelchair most of the time. And, I hated it. At least, I could feel my legs, again.

David looked at me, a small smirk on his face. He looked me up and down, checking me out. "What's with the sigh?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Bored," I replied, leaning my head on my arm. "Really bored of sitting around. It's all I do anymore." I huffed, pouting a little.

David walked over and placed his hands on the armrests, trapping me on the wheelchair. He kissed me on the lips, before pulling away. "Don't worry. I'm sure that you will make the best of being in a wheelchair. You can do those tricks."

I rolled my eyes, a smirk appearing on my lips. "At least I can feel my legs, now. Come on, its almost time for us to go."

David sighed.  "I can't believe I that got two new members of my pack."

"It's for the best," I replied. "I was going to have them come over to my apartment. I was worried of what would happen to Joe."

David growled, not liking the idea of another male being in my apartment. His eyes flickered a little to his wolf, but he stayed in control. "You. Are. Mine."

A smirk appeared on my lips, as I looked at him. I was going to be a pain in the ass, but I couldn't help but saying what I wanted to say. "Yet, you didn't want me at the beginning."

David snarled and picked me up from the wheelchair. He threw me onto the bed, making me laugh. He moved on top of me, putting his hands on either side. He didn't put any of his weight on me, making me want to roll my eyes. "You are mine. I will not share you. So, you can call that stupid fiancé of yours and tell him that the wedding is off."

Oops... I guess I was cheating on my fiancé. Darn. I'm glad that he's dead and he's been related to me. "And if I don't?" I asked, with such innocence that he could tell I was up to something.

He looked at me weirdly. "What are you smiling about?" he asked, not keeping the growl out of his voice.

"I'm talking about my fiancè," I replied. "He has been dead for about, I dunno 24 years, and he has the same last name as me. I have called him Gramps, Grandfather, Grandad, Grandaddy, Grandpa, or Papa."

"So, you have been dating an older guy, that has been dead for 24 years?"

I laughed a little and shook my head. "No, there was no one to begin with. The ring is basically a promise ring. Dean and I had made a promise, before I left, again, going to Kansas. He promised me that he would give me away, to the person that had my heart."

"And who has your heart?"

I smiled and kissed him on his lips, putting my arms around his neck. "You," I replied, softly. "You have always had my heart. Now, come on, it's time to go."

***

I leaned my head on the window as David pulled out of the drive.

I only had brought my boxes of clothes, my grandfather's small, old table, and my weapons. The rest of the stuff went to a family that needed it, who had been new to the pack for a couple of weeks. They had lost all their stuff, and they didn't have enough money to buy anything.