Chapter 11 (Edited)

Daniel flinched a little and looked down. His face turned deep scarlet, and I knew that I hurt his sensitive ears. Well, he deserved it. "I-"

"I heard you the first time," I said folding my arms across my chest and glared at him. I guess I looked scary because Daniel had backed a little. He should be glad there was a desk between him and I. "I can not believe that you are failing all of your classes and not mine! Am I really that scary? Don't answer that, I do not need to know. Anyways, why the hell are you failing your classes? That is not something that you should be doing, Daniel Berkley."

"I-I," Daniel said his face paling a little bit at my retorting. He quickly glanced down, not wanting to see me angry at him.

"You're what? Sorry?" I sneered. "You are to report to my classroom at lunch and then before you go off to football. We will work on your grades until they are all in the A's. I don't give a crap about all 100's but no son of mine will have a F on their report card, starting now. And why the hell are you smiling?" I huffed like a little kid as Daniel looked up, grinning a little. Just as it had came, my anger had left, making me feel worn out.

"You said 'no son of mine'," Daniel said, still smiling as if something great had happened to him.

"Yea, so?" I cocked my head. Ok, now I'm getting confused. He was looking as if he had won the lottery or something. His brown eyes looked into mine with great respect and astonishment. But where did the astonishment come from? I don't know what I had done that should astound him, like this.

"Well... you accepted me as your own son, even though you aren't my mother," Daniel said. His face turned a little cautious as he looked at me. "Right?" He raised an eyebrow, waiting on me to say something.

I sighed a little and ran a hand through my hair. "To be honest, I'm really jealous that you are not actually my son, by blood. I do care about you that way, and that is all that matters." I shrugged my shoulder.

Daniel shifted around on his feet. "I'll get my grades up," he said. "But you need to find a way to forgive my father. I-I think he still cares about you."

I shook my head. "It's too late for him," I said, my voice filled with bitterness. "He should've came to me, when I had started drinking. He also should've gotten to know me. But did he? Nope. And I guess you can say that I'm upset about that."

Daniel nodded his head, understanding what I meant. "He hasn't done it... after me. His wolf won't let him."

I snorted bitterly. "Smart wolf," I said. I sighed a little before I looked at Daniel. "Can I ask you a favor?" I asked.

He lifted his head a little. "Anything, Luna," he said instantly. He comprehended what he said and smiled a little.

A small smile flickered across my face before I turned serious. "If you are a mate to a human, get to know her... or him. Maybe, you'll find out just how much she'll... or he'll care about the pack and you."

Daniel nodded his head. "I promise," he said. "I will not be like my father."