Chapter 16 (Edited)

There was a thunk on the ground, and I heard a small bit of laughing. My fear turned a little into anger, because I knew that laugh. I opened the door of my truck, to see a male, only in shorts, laughing his butt off at my girlish squeal. I scowled a little, as I out of my truck. Being the girl I am, I kicked the fallen man in the ribs. "Idiot," I hissed narrowing my eyes a little. "Don't ever do that again, Blake," I said as I kicked him again.

"Ow," the male, or Blake, said, grabbing my foot, since I tried to kick him, again. He gasped for breath, after he made me even madder for laughing. "You should've seen your face, and you squealed like a girl. America's Funniest Videos would've loved that."

I scoffed a little and rolled my eyes, as I pulled out my knife and flicked it open. I pointed it straight at him, accusingly. "I am a girl, Idiot," I said. "And I don't give a damn if you're the Beta or not. You have no right to scare me after I had a 15 hour drive. Now, please let go of my foot, so I can at least get three hours of sleep in."

Blake let go of my foot and stood up. He held his hands up in mock defeat, laughter filling his eyes. "Yes, Ma'am," he said. He saluted me before he picked me up,  setting me down behind him, so that he was looking at the inside of my messy truck. "I guess you had a bad day," he said, seeing the candy wrappers and empty Coke bottles. He shuffled through the mess and grabbed my duffel and phone before going up to the house, slamming the door shut. "Let's go inside. Dean and Clarice fell asleep on the couch. I wouldn't wake them if I were you because..."

"Clarice is pregnant, again?" I asked as I followed him. He stopped, suddenly, making me fall to the ground on my butt. I had hit his back rather hard, and Newton's Third Law had applied, since for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this case, it was me landing on my butt. "Damn it, Blake. You got a hard back, and tell me when you are going to stop." I rubbed my forehead, scowling a little, as he turned to look behind him.

He looked down to see that I was on the ground. "Sorry, Jess," he said, as he held out his hand for me to take. "I was kind of stunned how you knew what the whole secret was. I know I didn't tell you."

I rolled my eyes and took his hand. I stood up, so that he didn't have to pull that hard. I still have the scar from when he "accidentally" threw me into a wall. "One word," I said. "And I'm spelling this out for you, so you better listen. N-E-R-D." I sounded, as if I was talking to a child.

Blake mocked pouted, as he folded his arms across his chest. "You don't have to sound like you're talking to a two year old," he said. "I"m five."

I snorted a little, as I started to walk inside. "But you are two," I said teasingly. "And to answer your question, I placed it together. Now, come on. I need my beauty sleep."

"Says the girl who doesn't sleep that much," Blake muttered under his breath, making me chuckle a little, as I went into my room, wanting to go to bed. Blake grinned a little, as he followed me to my room. He placed my duffle down on the floor next to my bed, and he put my phone onto my nightstand. Blake nodded his head in good night, before walking out of the room.

I shook my head, sighing a bit. "Men," I muttered, as I got ready for bed. At least I was away from an area where David could get to me, even if it was for a few hours.

My heart ached a little, as I looked out of the window. You could say that I was lonely and that a piece of me was missing. That'd be true, since I wasn't with my mate, and he wasn't even at my side, to love me and hold me.

Stupid mate pull.

***

I stood outside, with a cup of coffee. It was probably around sixish, and the sun hasn't even rose up into the sky. I sighed a little and took a sip, before placing the mug down on the railing. It was becoming a little chilly, as summer turned into fall, but it wasn't as chilly as Kansas. "I'm not in Kansas anymore, that's for sure," I muttered as I went off of the porch and started to run, listening to Pandora on my phone.

I jumped over branches and stuff, being  too engrossed in my music to notice that I was being followed. I heard a small rustle, even through my headphones, lifting my head. I could see that a big, burly wolf had jumped out, as if trying to hurt me. I jumped back and to the side, tumbling a little, before jumping back onto my feet.

"What the hell?" I asked annoyed looking at the wolf, knowing that it was male and maybe new to the pack. I ripped my earphones out of my ears, narrowing my eyes at him. "Thank you for ruining my damn run, stupid mutt."

The wolf snarled again, angry that I called him a mutt. His eyes turned a little black, and I knew that his wolf was taking over. He launched himself at me, but I jumped back again and to the side.

"Would you stop doing that, asshole?" I asked flustered. "I'm apart of this damn pack, and I have been here longer than you." I took out my gun, that I had placed in the back of my shorts and aimed it at him. "I'll shoot you with a silver bullet, if you don't."

Hey, what can I say? Dean wants me to be protected, since some wolves have been giving me the evil eye. They just won't do anything, because Dean will be on their ass before they can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Or if they are lucky, then they'll just have to deal with a red-heads anger.

The wolf stopped and snarled a little, before he shifted into human form. "Who the hell are you, and why are you here, Human?" he snarled narrowing his eyes at me. "Do I need to get Alpha Dean out here?"

I quickly shut my eyes, my face turning bright red. What? He was butt naked, and his... friend was hanging down. "Would it kill you to put some damn shorts on? I know Dean keeps some out here for those that shift. Besides, you are killing my virgin eyes!"

"I can change that," the man said, seducingly. "You'll enjoy it."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Why the hell do I attract man whores, even though I'm "technically" going to get married? Technically, because my fiancé was kind of fake, and the ring wasn't.

Well, I guess I should explain that soon, so I'll do that later. Right now, I need to go back conversation with the "man-whore."

"I-" I started to say but a loud growl interrupted me. Great, today wasn't my day with the wolves, wasn't it? And all I wanted to do was run.

I could feel three wolves surround me from the "horny" man. Power filled the air, and I could tell that it was Dean, his Beta, Blake, and his Gama, a male named Raymond, or RayRay, as I like to call him.

"Put these on now," Dean barked, power in his voice, as he shifted into human form. There was some movement, and I knew that the males around me put some shorts on. "And explain to me why the hell you were wanting to do it with my lil' sister?"

The male growled and pulled on the shorts. "I didn't know she was your sister, Alpha. She is human."

"Put the gun down, and you can open your eyes, Jess," Dean said.

I snorted and opened my eyes, before I placed the safety back into my gun. I looked at the male from behind Dean and narrowed my eyes. "I'm adopted into the pack, asshole," I said. "Why else would I be here or know about werewolves?"

Dean growled at me to shut up, making me narrow my eyes a little. "You're not helping at all. Blake, take her back to the pack house."

"No."

"Jessica," Dean warned in that 'don't mess with me tone'.

"No, Dean," I said in the same tone. "This is my fight. And if the horny asshole wants to rumble, then let me fight. He'll know better than to mess with me, after a few bullets are up his ass." Remember how people said not to get me pissed? Well, that is the reason. I get mad and bitchy. I will not listen to reason.

Dean snarled a little at me, but he didn't say anything, as I moved to his side. "If you get hurt, it's not my fault," he muttered, making me snort.

I turned my attention to the horny male. "Now, where were we. Oh yes, why the hell did you attack me? You better have a good reason, before my foot or a bullet is up your ass, in ten seconds."