Chapter 34- Daniel (Edited)

Mom and Dad wanted me to write this part. I think because that this had affected me more. Or it affected me and Dad, but Dad's writhing would've just been moping on how much he had missed Mom.. ~Daniel

I looked out the window of the office, thinking. It had been two weeks, since she had left and Dad had changed a little.

He had cut the ties off with my mom and banned her from ever coming to the pack territory. He helps around the pack, but he mainly let's me take over, except for meetings, which he still does. However, he is mainly in his room mourning for her.

I sighed and shook my head, as I looked over the papers of the pack. I really didn't care about school anymore, and my grades were slipping. I had quit football, because I wanted to focus on the pack more.

It had been slipping since, I think the day Dad had rejected Aunt Jess for being ugly. We had been the second toughest pack, behind a pack in California. However, we were like the weakest, right now.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, as the phone started to ring and grabbed it. "Alpha Daniel speaking," I said using my title.

"Yes, this is Alpha Dean and I'm calling for-"

That caught my interest, and I quickly cut him off. "What happened? Is Ms. Wallace all right? Is she hurt? If she is, then is she at the hospital? I know that she doesn't like going, even if-"

"Slow down, Boy," Alpha Dean said a slight chuckle in his voice. "I need to speak with your father. Yes, it is about Jessica. She is-"

I bolted out of my seat and ran out of the room. "Dad!" I called out, not letting Alpha Dean say another word. I was scared, and I knew that Bruce was nervous, also.

***

Dad picked up the phone, placed it on speaker, and took a deep breath. I had told him and he ran out of his room and into the office. He took another deep breath, trying to calm his frayed nerves. "Alpha David here," he said.

"Alpha David, it is Alpha Dean. I'm calling about Jessica."

"Yes, yes I know. What happened?"

"She passed out and hit her head against the chair and floor hard. She is in a coma."

Dad fell into a chair, shocked. "How?"

"She was having dizzy spells and-"

"And you thought not to call me?" he snarled.

"Like you cared," Alpha Dean snarled. "It is because of you that she is in this mess."

"Is not. It is her-"

"Cut it out," I snarled at both of them, feeling Bruce trying to claw to the surface. "Both of you are arguing like pups over a piece of meat."

They both snarled at me, making me roll my eyes.

"You both care about her so shut the hell up and work together. Now, Alpha Dean, how long has she been having these spells?"

"Two weeks ago," he replied. "She had one before school and then the one that knocked her into the hospital."

"We're on our way." With that I hung up the phone, not giving Dad a chance to say anything.

He glared at me and I glared at him. "Don't say one word, Father," I said warningly. "We need to go and see if she is alright. You need to see if you can't bring her back here. The pack has suffered enough."

Dad stayed silent and look of lost helplessness went through his eyes. He nodded his head and cleared his throat.  "Have James work for the pack. We might be gone for a while." With that, he walked out of the office, and I knew he went to pack.

I did the same thing but I talked to James first. After that, we were on the road, going down to Georgia. I just hoped that Aunt Jess would still be alive

***

It didn't take us that long, because Dad was speeding, but we ended up at the pack hospital in about 6 hours.

Dad hopped out, after putting it into park and I jumped out, following him.

Alpha Dean came over to meet us. He glared at my father, before nodding his head in hello. "She's still in a coma," he said.

"She'll make it," I said, trying to sound as if I had a little more hope, than what I was feeling. "She's a fighter."