Chapter 6 (Edited)

During my last two periods, I was out of it. I stuttered and slurred my words as if I was drunk. I had a very short temper, and everyone knew that they had to behave or else I was very mean. It's not like that I wasn't mean, I just didn't want to worry about what seeing David meant to my hardened emotions. It didn't help that I was still attracted to him.

"Don't forget about your papers," I said as the bell rang, signalling the end of class and the end of the school day. "They are due tomorrow and I expect them to be finished. I'll still make the brownies and hand 'em out to those that did finish them."

There was a chorus of 'yes Ms. Wallace,' as they left. The last student closed the door, and I sighed in relief as I plopped down in my chair. "That was a close call," I muttered rubbing the bridge of my nose and sighed again. I ran a hand through my hair before going over to one of my cabinets that I had placed my bag in. The bag held what I needed for the day or the evening after I was done with school or school work that I didn't finish. "I'll grade the papers at home as I watch movies and eat ice cream," I muttered as I pulled out tennis shoes and then my shirt that I used when I was running.

My thoughts turned to David before I could stop them and I wondered what he would be doing this evening. Would he work or would he do... it with his mate? I hissed silently, not liking the idea of him with another female, even though I cared about Daniel as if he was my own son.

I shook my head as I unbuttoned my blouse, glad that I decided to wear a camisole instead of a tank top as I slipped my shirt over it. I glanced at the door, making sure that no one was there as I pulled off my skirt, letting my basketball shorts show. Yes, they were men shorts, but they had pockets which I really needed as I placed my phone in them so I could listen to my music. I hummed a little as I took of my flats and placed my socks on before tennis shoes. After that, I took my mid-back length, auburn hair out of it's braided bun before placing it into a high ponytail that I used for running.

"Well, better get some of this energy off," I muttered to myself as I quickly packed what I needed in my bag before going outside to the track. I glanced around silently, making sure that the football people weren't there before taking out my IPhone, go onto Pandora, place my earbuds in, and started to run as I pressed play, letting the music drown out my problems as I concentrated on running.

***

Something moved in front of me, and I didn't notice until I almost landed on my butt, hitting the person full force. I yelped in surprise as I stumbled back, flailing a little. A hand grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me up quickly before I fell. Two arms wrapped around me as I got steadied on my feet. Sparks flew from where he touched me, and I knew that it was David. My face broke into a blush as I quickly tried to get out of his arms, causing him to growl a little as he took one of my earbuds out of my ear.

"Now, why are you trying to get away from me?" he asked, his voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Well, because you told me years ago that you didn't want to baby me," I replied curtly as I looked up at him. "Or have you forgotten that?" My voice was hard as I finally got myself out of his grasp. "Besides, you are mated and I need to get some energy off. Now, if you excuse me, good bye." With that I started to jog away from him, putting back my other earbud in.

David caught up with me and started to jog with me. I ignored him, knowing that I only had about 15 minutes left before the players were on the field to practice for their game tomorrow. Regret filled my system, since I knew that I had to skip, but my second job was a little bit more important, since I also kept myself fit and challenged doing it. Sweaty men with no shirts on. Oh what fun. Please, note the sarcasm.

"Are you going to stop? Your heart is pounding," David said taking out my earbud, so that I could hear him.

"Humph," I replied as I picked up my pace a little. The real reason my heart was pounding so hard was not because of my running. It was because of the male besides me. Stop it, Jessica, I scold myself. You can't have thoughts about this man that way. You are soon to be married.

David grabbed my arm, sending sparks everywhere through my body and stopped, making me turn to look at him. He looked bored, but I could see the love he was trying to hide. "I thought I said for you to stop," he said, annoyed.

"Like you care," I replied as I tried to get away from him. I groaned a little as he kept hold, squeezing a bit on my arm. I turned towards him, my eyes narrowed. Anger coursed through my veins as I looked at him. "Thank you very much," I retorted sarcastically. "You made my time for a road race go up because you didn't let me go and finish up my exercise. Now, I have to go because my damn fifteen minutes is up, and they are about to come out."

David blinked a little, hurt filling his eyes before it disappeared. He narrowed his eyes a little. "And who are they?" he asked. He glanced around making sure that we were alone.

"Your son and his buddies with football," I said in a 'duh' tone. "Besides, don't you have a mate to get to? I'm sure that she loves it that you are not by her side. I'm sure that she loves you flirting with other women." Jealousy coursed through my body, making me shiver as if cold. He wasn't supposed to be hers. He was supposed to be mine and him holding onto me like this, didn't help me at all.

David looked at me and a knowing smirk appeared on his lips. "Jealous are we?" he asked coyly. "She can wait, I'm sure." He leaned down so that his mouth was close to my ear. "We can go over to your place and see if something happens."

I scoffed a little ignoring the tingles that he had sent down my back. Did I want him to follow me home? Hell yea! That would be the best thing for me. However, I knew that his wolf might be trying to get us to do something. "I'm almost a married woman. He's risking his ass to save your ass in the Middle East. What the hell do you think?"

"Good, that means that he wouldn't have to know."

That was it, I had enough of this bull crap. I leaned closer to him, a smirk on my face. David pulled back to look at me and I could see his eyes black with lust. He kept his hand on my arm while placing the other on the middle of my back. He leaned closer as if he was going to kiss me, closing his eyes. I shivered a little, wanting to kiss him, but I knew I couldn't. I had to keep the image that I was going to get married, and that I wasn't just trying to get inside his head. Even though, that was the real reason. I stomped on his foot and jabbed him in the gut with my elbow. I wrenched myself from his grasp and glared at him. "I'm not cheating on Dennis. You made your mistake of not having me, and now you must pay the consequences." With that I turned around and ran for my bag so I could go back to my apartment.

Tears streamed down my face, and I didn't have any control to stop them. He didn't know the affect he had on me and I was sure he didn't care. I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said that I wasn't scared. I was really scared that I wouldn't be able to hold onto the calm, cold demeanor when I was around him. I was made for him and he was made for me. However, he changed that long ago when he rejected me the first moment he laid eyes on me.