Chapter 33 (Edited)

Two weeks had passed, and I was going to start teaching at the local high school tomorrow. I sat down on my bed after getting everything organized.

David kept coming into my mind, and I couldn't do anything to keep him off. I had been going through some dizzy spells, and I don't know if it's because I was so far away from Kansas or because of all the stress that I have been through lately.

I shook my head and sighed, not really wanting to think about it, or anything on that matter. I leaned back against the bed, laying flat so that my feet were off on the other side and closed my eyes. "Why me?" I groaned putting an arm around my head, covering my eyes. "Why does everything bad happen to me?"

There was a knock on my door and it opened, after I had mumbled a 'come in'.

"The last time I saw you like this was when we first got you, and you stayed in your room," a female said.

I lifted my arm off of my face and stared at the gray eyes of my mother.

One thing that I was jealous about Werewolves was that they aged slower than humans. So, my mother, Laura, looked as if she was 30 even though she was in her early 50s.

I sat up. "When I first came here, I was scared and didn't want to come out of my room," I replied.

Mom smiled a little and sat down next to me, putting something in her lap. "And who coaxed you to get out?"

"You," I replied. "But, that was for dinner, and the pack kept glaring at me."

Mom smiled. "And Dean tried to steal your French Fries." She shook her head, chuckling.

I laughed and nodded my head. "I got so mad that I grabbed his head and banged it on the table, saying' knock it off, jerk'."

Mom laughed. "That shut everyone up, and they watched Dean come back up with ketchup smeared all over his face."

I laughed, nodding my head. "And his face was as red as mine, but he tried it again. I slugged him in the nose, breaking it. Dad was going to order me back to my room, but Dean stopped him saying that it was his fault. I had gotten the respect of him and Blake."

Mom nodded her head, laughing. "And then you had an Asthma Attack, scaring everyone."

I nodded my head. "I had my inhaler and used it. Dad was so nervous about me getting another one, that he wouldn't come near me for weeks."

Mom nodded her head. "You grew up to become a strong, beautiful, and an independent female."

I nodded my head and sighed, looking down. "And I still feel so small," I whispered.

Mom sighed and kissed my forehead. "You're not small. You never were. You're one of the kindest people that I have ever met. Never ever think that you're weak." She sighed, again, and handed me the present. "Here, this might help you get through it. It will keep your brain fresh."

I nodded my head silently and opened it to see a journal in it. I covered my mouth and looked at Mom.

The journal was new and smelt good. It had a wolf howling at the moon. The cover was made of leather, and it looked like that it was handmade.

She nodded her head and smiled. "Yes, this is for you. Open it."

I opened it and on the front cover were the words: We're always rooting for you.

"Thanks Mom," I said giving her a hug, making her laugh.

"You're welcome, Sweetie." She kissed my forehead then left. "I have to go. Good night."

I smiled a little, loving her a bit more. "Love you, Mom."

"Love you, too." And with that, she walked out the door and closed it, leaving me alone with the journal.

Small tears streamed down my face, as I closed the book and then went to fall asleep, happy that I do have people that care about me.

***

I walked into the class, early, with a sigh. I knew that people were going to look at my bike and wonder who's bike that was.

A frown appeared on my face. If anyone messes with it, then I'm going to have to hurt them. I sighed and shook my head, as another dizzy spell happened. I didn't know why they happen, they just do. One minute, I'm fine. The next, I feel as if I'm about to fall over.

Dean was worried about me taking my bike, because I did have a dizzy spell before I left. I told him to 'back off' and he did, letting me ride my bike to school.

I shook my head again and sighed, as I started to write my name on the whiteboard. I heard everyone coming in and ignored them as I wrote down the rules of the class..

There were whispers and I knew that some people were talking about how hot I looked. I rolled my eyes at that, before I turned around. I was wearing my glasses, because my eyes were hurting. "Hello, class," I said. "My name is Jessica Wallace, but you will call me Ms. Wallace. If we're out in public and not in a school session, you can call me Aunt Jess."

"And why would we call you "Aunt" Jess, even though you're not our aunt?" a male asked rudely. "Why not just come to my place, and I'll show you a good time."

I hid back an eye roll as I looked at him. I knew that he wasn't a Werewolf for the Werewolves were tense and looking as if they wanted to kill him.

"I am a laid back teacher, and I love to have fun. Not in a sex way." I glanced at the male. "Let me tell you about myself and then my rules."

"Like what no talking, no phones, and no music? Lady, we already know that," the same male said as he threw a piece of paper at me.

I was loosing my patience with him. I caught the piece of paper and threw it back at him, hitting him in the head. "What is your name?'

Silence filled the room as they looked at the male and then at me.

The male frowned a little, as he looked at me. "What did you throw at me?" he asked. His voice was cold as he looked at me, his eyes shifting to a darker color.

"You respect me, I respect you," I replied coldly. I clenched the chair tightly, feeling another spell coming on. "I'm not afraid of you." I was panting a little as I said that, blinking trying to stop the black dots.

"Then why are you holding the chair? Hmm? Your body says that you are."

"F-fuck you," I said and with that, I passed out.

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Photo of the journal to the tpp.