Chapter 4 (Edited)

He quickly turned his gaze to Anderson, glaring at him, because he had been close to me. "What do you think you are doing?" he asked, power in his voice. The ones that were Werewolves flinched, as did I. The other humans looked on with confusion.

"J-just making sure that she gets to where she needs to be. Isn't that right, Ms. Wallace?" he asked as if daring me to go against what he had said.

I scoffed a little and folded my arms across my chest. My eyes were narrowed as I looked at the male before me, before turning to look at Anderson. "I can get here myself. You just wanted to show me something and... Dear, it's still hanging out." I patted his cheek before looking at my boss. "I will be in my room. I-I don't feel too well about going to this meeting, and I have tests to grade..." I glanced at the male who was still glaring at Anderson. "Nice to see you, again. Been 23 long years." My voice held something that made the wolves look at me and then at the other male, who looked exactly like his son.

He looked at me, confusion filling his eyes. Suddenly realization hit him. "Jessica?" he asked, his eyes lightening up a bit. "You've grown."

"Un huh," I said, feeling the anger that never seemed to go away. "Your son's doing fine in my class. He has the highest grade in it, even with football." I straightened my sleeve. "I'm sorry, but I-I got to go." With that I turned around and walked away with as much grace as I could muster. I ignored all the stares I got, since I was so used to them.

I haven't realized it, but, I was shaking. Some of the shaking was because grief and maybe a little bit of pain. Is this what it is like to see one's mate after being rejected? Or was it because of the way he was looking at me, realizing the mistake he had made 23 long years ago?

It's upsetting that I couldn't read his face or mind. He kept a wall up, and I wasn't a Werewolf. All I knew, was that he was stunned of my sudden change in appearance.

***

I made it to my room and went straight to the back wall in a corner. Tears streamed down my face as I curled up into a tight ball.

No sounds escaped me. I was too weak to do any moaning or groaning. I sat there, silently crying, my face covered by my hands.

I don't remember ever crying like this. I've always made sounds, even when it came to my parents death. But right now, I felt so helpless and alone. I hated it, because it reminded me of my past when I was drinking and it looked like that I didn't have anyone that cared about me.

The door was shut silently and some desks were shoved out of the way, as the intruder made his way towards me, quickly. His feet were silent on the ground, and his steps said that he had business to take care of. Before I even knew what was going on, I was shoved against the wall, feet hanging off the ground.

I started choking as the person placed me in a choke hold, grabbing hold of my shirt with the other hand.

Oh why did I have to be at school and not- Wait, I'm in pain right now. Why doesn't he- It's because you have kids, Knucklehead. Do you want to die and Sam be sad? No, but- There are no buts. So, suck it up and take it like a man.

You know you start going insane when you interrupt yourself, and tell yourself to suck it up and take it like a man. Or, you are really close to death and shouldn't be crying.

"Ms. Wallace!" a snarl said breaking me from my mental argument with me, myself, and I. "Have you heard a word I said?"

"N-n-no O-oxygen. S-still human," I choked out as I opened my eyes to see that my boss, Trent Andrews, had me in a choke hold and not holding back his wolfie strength. His green eyes were changing black at the thought of me hurting his Alpha and Luna. Wait, I'm the real Luna, so why is he hurting me? Oh right... I was flippin' rejected, and I don't think he knows.