Chapter 22 (Edited)

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @GemmaWhite279 for bringing this story to 1,000 votes. xD Hell, ya. xD

___________________________________________________________________________________

After the officers had left, I tried to get some sleep. Tried, meaning I couldn't, even though I was on the comfiest couch bed that I've ever been on.

My body yearned for my mate. It wanted him holding me, telling me that 'everything will be all right', even after the threat on the wall.

To tell you the truth... I did too. I wanted him to tell me that he loved me. I wanted him to kiss me every evening before saying 'goodnight'. I, also, wanted him to kiss me every morning, telling me 'good morning, beautiful. How was your sleep?'

For the first time in years, I cried myself to sleep. I cried for myself. I cried for Jesse, the one I had helped. And I cried for Sam and his mother, hoping that he'd make it, like the fighter he was.

The thing that I cried the most over, was the fact that I still loved him and wanted him in my life. I cried for him. And never, had I felt more ashamed of myself, than I was at that moment.

Damn mate pull...

***

Ring... Ring...

I lifted my head and blinked, wondering what that noise was.

Ring... ring...

I groaned a little and moved my hand, feeling for my phone. I grabbed it and laid my head back down, placing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked groggily, sounding like crap. "This is Aunt Jess."

"Where the hell are you? School starts in 5 minutes, and we had a meeting this morning," an all too familiar voice yelled at me.

"I'm not in the mood to be yelled at, Trent," I said sounding hoarse. "Even if you are my boss." I yawned. "I got to sleep at 4 in the morning. Can-" I yawned again. "-you get a sub for me please?"

"Get some sleep. I'm coming over around ten. I want to see what the hell is wrong."

"Yes, Sir," I replied, before I hung up and fell back asleep.

***

True to his word, Trent had came to my apartment at exactly 10 o'clock. And, I had just woken up.

I opened the door and saw him holding a McDonald's coffee and a bag. "Sweet, Jesus," I said, taking the cup of coffee, before letting him in. "You're a life saver."

Trent smirked before his face fell, as he saw the foldable couch in bed form. He quickly sniffed the air before looking at me, accusingly. "Did you have company over?" he asked, worry in his tone. "I smell multiple people, and the couch is folded out."

I rolled my eyes and turned to go to my bedroom. I jerked my head towards it, knowing that it'd be easier to show him the threat and the blood. I wasn't really in the mood for talking. The memory was still too fresh in my brain.

He hesitated and stayed where he was.

Annoyance and anger flashed through me, as I turned to look at the male. "You wanted to know why there was company over. I'm going to show you why there was company. If I wanted to have sex with you, then I would've ignored this small heaven and do it. Damn it, I'm still a virgin."

Trent blinked, clutching the McDonald's bag, as if it was the last thing on this world that made sense. "You said sex," he said.

"Sex! Sex! SEX! Yes, I can say SEX!" I fumed. "I will not say it at school, even though they are technically adults, by the time they are in my class. Also, some have done it all ready. Sometimes, there a-are teenage wolves, humping anything that either has a dick or a vagina, and walks on two legs." I huffed and glared at him. "And to think I'm your true Luna, and you even don't trust me."

Trent whined and showed his neck, I guess hating the fact that I was mad at him. "I'm sorry, Luna," he said. "I-I didn't mean to make you mad. I do trust you, but... that was a shocking request."

I sighed and nodded my head, feeling the anger leaving me drained. "Leave the bag on the table, and come with me. No, I am not going to have sex with you."

Trent nodded his head, doing what I had told him to do. "Of course."

I nodded my head, before walking to the room, again. "Now, what I'm about to show you is between you, me, and the police. David had made it loud and clear that he doesn't care about me. I don't care that he is changing. He caused me more harm than good."

Trent nodded his head. "Ok," he replied. "Now, what is it?"

I stood in front of the door and sighed. My body tensed, automatically, because I didn't know if there would be a new surprise or not. Hopefully, it'll just be the blood on the wall, since they had taken the wolf, even though they had left police tape on my bed.

"Jess, I smell blood," Trent said warily.

"Well, that is because there is blood," I replied, opening the door and letting him in. I could tell that he was really shocked, because of the gasp he had done.

"What the hell happened here?"