Chapter 14- David (Edited)

I watched, stunned as Jess walked out of the room, not giving me another glance. I knew that she felt the pull. However, she was ignoring it. But... why?

'Easy thing to answer,' my wolf, Payton, snarled, 'It's because of you and your overly excessive ego. Now, we have to face the consequences of not having her in our arms.'

I growled softly, before looking at Jesse. His lips were pressed in a firm line, and I could tell that he wanted to say something. "Do not say anything," I warned. "I can let you be taken back to your own pack, so you can face the "consequence" of doing what you didn't do."

The male, Jesse, raised an eyebrow. "Your mate wouldn't like that," he replied. "And it is none of my business, Alpha. However, I do think you might've lost her. There was a-"

I growled, interrupting him. "Do not even go there. I'm already hearing it from my Gamma and son. I do not need to hear it from you." To be honest, and I know that I sound like a girl when I'm saying this, but I'm falling for her. I'm falling head over heels for her. She is just something I thought I wouldn't be able to want, but after 23 long year ago, she is all I wanted. I shook my head. "I'll get someone here to check you out and then for them to show you around. Deal?"

Jesse nodded. "Just one more thing, Alpha. She still cares and loves you. If you look into her eyes, then you'll see what her face or body language doesn't say."

My lips thinned a little. I didn't notice. I shook my head before leaving the boy's room and going to the front desk. "Excuse me, but do you have the number for Jessica Wallace?" I asked the receptionist. "I have a problem, and someone told me that she... wouldn't mind if anyone calls her. Besides, we went to the same college before, so I do know her."

The receptionist looked at me and blinked her green eyes. "I think she said that she wouldn't take calls this weekend. She is going to see her brother and does not need to be disturbed, since she doesn't see him often."

I sighed in desperation and ran a hand through my hair. "Of course," I said in defeat. I could feel my wolf at the surface and knew that he would try to break out soon, if he didn't have her by his side.

The female studied me before pulling out a sheet of paper. She scribbled something on it and handed it to me. "Don't tell her that I gave it to you. However, you looked like you needed it."

I nodded my head. "Thanks." With that, I walked out of the hospital. I was going to call her as soon as I get to my office. Hopefully, she will answer...

***

Saying that I wasn't nervous was the understatement of the year. I was really nervous, since I didn't know if she would answer or not. Most of me wanted her to answer this call. However, there was that one bit that wanted it to go to voicemail.

I growled a little and threw a stapler at the wall. I couldn't call her. She was going to be a wedded person to someone who wasn't me. However, that boy said that she might still have feelings for me.

'Just call her all ready,' Payton growled.'You already have the number up. Just press the damn call button.'

I sighed a little and pressed the call button. Please answer, I thought. It rang four times before the line was picked up. My heart rate started to soar, and I knew that I was feeling girlish. However, she answered the call. She answered the call that I had sent to her.

"I was wondering when you were going to call me," she said, sounding tired.

I opened my mouth, feeling surprised that she knew it was me. "How-" was all I could get out.

I heard her snort. "Alpha Dean gave it to me," she replied in a duh tone. "He was wanting me to spam you with nasty things. Now, don't growl at him. He is like my older brother after... my older brother was killed in a car accident... and Dean took the responsibility of it."

I frowned a little, remembering what my son had said. "Is that the reason..."

She grunted a little. "It is. Both my parents were killed."

"I'm sorry," I said weakly. Regret filled my system. I guess there was more pain about her than I realized. "I didnt-"

"Of course you didn't, David. Damn it, you didn't even get to know me before you rejected me. The one person that was supposed to love me unconditionally didn't want to because I looked like a fucking nerd!" She took a shuddering breath. And I could sense the pain and hurt from her."'If you just got to know me, then I wouldn't be this upset over getting rejected. However, you did, and now, you have to live with the consequences. Goodbye, David." With that, she hung up the phone, not letting me have a word in.

'Nice going, Dumb Ass,' my wolf growled. 'Now, you made our mate, upset.'

I put my phone down on the desk and sat down. Regret started to fill my system, as I looked out the window thinking about her.

If- When- I get her in my arms, I'm never going to let go of her. She has dug her way into my heart without me even noticing it.