Chapter 5- David (Edited)

So I saw Jessica's journal on the bed and saw what she had written. I'm going to be putting my point of view in it, also. Don't tell her I did it. She does have a short temper, sometimes. ~David

***

I ran my hand through my hair, and sighed as I looked out the window of my office. No one would bother to call on me because I had asked, more like told, them not to. Not even my mate would see me out, since I had yelled at her.

'Not your soul mate,' my wolf sneered. 'You know the feelings you have for her.'

'Shut up,' I growled at him, but he was right, I couldn't keep her out of my mind. I could still see the way she looked, playing in it. Man, she looked hot when she was angry.

I blinked and it seemed like my office had disappeared and the meeting room came into view.

*~*~*

I had been discussing with my son's teachers about how he was doing in his classes and how the school could improve. That is what I wanted people to think. There was another reason planted beneath that and only my wolf knew it. I could feel his restlessness because we've smelt her on my son and then I could barely smell her here in the room. However, it made my wolf go wild, trying to take control so that he could get to her.

"Mr. Berkley," a voice said breaking me from my thoughts. "Mr. Berkley."

I lifted my head, annoyed that someone was trying to make me lose my concentration on trying to find my mate. "Yes, what?" I asked my tone sounding bored. I glanced at my Gamma, Trent, to see him staring at me.

"You zonked out," he replied, raising an eyebrow in concern. "We were wondering what you think about getting your son into some tutoring."

"He's failing my class by one point. I don't know how Ms. Wallace does it, but-"

There was a soft thud, making the members of my pack tense up. The humans looked at us weirdly and I scoffed at the fact they were weaker and couldn't hear what we did.

'Mine!' my wolf said as we caught scent of her. 'Get your ass out there and see what the hell is going on with our mate. If you don't, then I will.' He started to try and fight for control, but I kept hold of him as I stood, not realizing that I had pushed the chair back hard enough that it landed on the ground with a soft thud as I walked towards the door.

"Mr. Berkley!" Trent exclaimed as he came up behind me. He placed his hand on my shoulder, but I wrenched it from his grasp. I opened the door and looked to see my mate, who's name I forgot.

My mate was up against one of my pack members but backed away when she heard the door opening, seeing me and Trent. She fiddled with her sleeve and didn't look up at me from her shoes. "I'm so-" She stopped when she heard me growl and her eyes widened with disbelief and her mouth turned into a perfect 'oh' shape as she stared right into my eyes.

***

I broke eye contact first, turning to look at Anderson, who was looking a little petrified by my sudden appearance and scooted a little from my mate. "What do you think you are doing?" I asked, power and ranking showing in my voice. The female and Anderson flinched a little and I didn't need to look to see that the other members of my pack flinched, also.

"J-just making sure that she gets to where she needs to be. Isn't that right, Ms. Wallace?" The way he said it made me growl a little in warning. I knew that Anderson had troubles keeping things to himself. After his mate died, he started to play around with other females.

She scoffed a little and folded her arms across her chest. She glanced at me for a second, narrowing her eyes in distaste, before turning her attention to Anderson. "I can get here myself. You just wanted to show me something and... Dear, it's still hanging out." She patted his cheek before looking at my Gamma, completely ignoring me, making my wolf growl a little. "I will be in my room. I-I don't feel too well about going to the meeting and I have tests to grade..." She glanced at me while I still glared at Anderson, angry that he was going to try and take my mate, however, he didn't know that she was my mate. I'm sure that no one did. "Nice to see you again. Been 23 long years."

Finally, I broke my gaze from Anderson before looking at her, confused. I knew that she was my mate, but somehow I couldn't remember her name. Her dark auburn hair was frazzled from something I don't know. Her lips were plusher than I remembered and her face didn't have that baby fat. She stood about 5'8 and not her 5'0 form like the last time I had seen her.

It was her eyes that made me sure who it was without the pull. "Jessica?" I asked feeling my wolf purr as I said her name. I took in her body again before looking at her steely gaze. "You've grown."

"Un huh," she said anger in her voice as she started to shake a little, making me wonder what had happened after I rejected her. "Your son's doing fine in my class. He has the highest grade in it, even with football." She straightened her sleeve, nervously, breaking eye contact. "I'm sorry, but I got to go." With that she walked away and my wolf barked insults at me, that sounded like buzzing bees.

*~*~*

I lifted my head, from where it had been resting on my shoulder. It ached a little as I had slept on it, even though I had no idea I fell asleep. Confusion filled my body as I blinked a little and glanced around, with an annoyed growl.

Who in their right mind would call me right now?

I picked up my phone and growled. "What!?" I barked.

"Why the hell did you do it?" a familiar voice growled in my ear. "Do you know that your stupidness had cost the pack a hell of alot of drama?"

I sighed a little and rubbed the bridge of my nose, feeling tired. I knew that it was my son and that he had found out about Jessica and her being my soul mate. "How'd you find out?"

"Your supposed to be mate told me," he said. "Something in her voice made me and my wolf nervous and I confronted her about it. I saw the Lighting Bolt symbol and I got angry. When I asked about it, she laughed and then told me about everything that had happened. Did you know that her parents died when she was eight years old and then her grandparents died before she went to college? To top that off she moved in with a group of Werewolves and the only reason that she was accepted in the pack was when she killed a full grown rouge wolf with a silver dagger that her grandfather gave her?"

"And why did she do that?"

"She was protecting a young pup, who didn't know how to shift, and spent the rest of her summer healing in the infirmary. She was also studying. Now, what do you have to say to that, huh?" He growled again.

"Have you seen her when she was younger?" I asked.

"So? She is good of heart, Father. That is what you should've looked at. Then she wouldn't have had to waste five years of her life, drinking."

I flinched a little. I knew that she had been kicked out of school because she drank, but I didn't know she wasted so much time. "Don't use that tone on me, Boy. I am still your Alpha until you take over. You wanted to wait for your mate," I growled.

He growled back in frustration. "She told me that you didn't want her because you didn't want to baby her. Well, guess what? You don't have to. You lost her to someone else."

'No one touches our mate!' my wolf growled. 'You stupid asshole!'

I couldn't agree more as I hung the phone up, ignoring whatever else my son had to tell me.

All I know was that there was a deep ache of pain, as my brain processed whatever I had done.

What have I placed her through?