Chapter 15 (Edited)

"Damn it," I screeched a little, as I tossed my phone onto the passenger seat. Tears streamed down my eyes as I pulled into a gas station. Why'd he have to call now, out of all the time in the whole freaking world?

I took a deep breath and shook my head, as I dried my eyes. "Can't cry over spilled milk," I muttered to myself, taking another deep breath. Again, I shook my head as I opened the truck door and walked to the pump. I stayed silent, as I placed the pump into my truck, filling it up with gas. I leaned against the truck and looked around, knowing that I was still in Kansas.

I sighed again and leaned my head against the window, closing my eyes, and trying to relax my tensed muscles. A steady roar of an engine pulling up behind me, made me open my eyes. My whole body tensed a little, even though I didn't know why. I turned my head a little to see a black Lamborghini, feeling a small bit of power coming from it. I knew that the car belonged to a high power rank in the Werewolf society. Be it the Beta, the Gamma or the Alpha, I have no idea how I could tell.

I also did not know why, but I was able to tell the rank of the higher ups of the Werewolves. It was a good thing too, because I knew that I smelled a little bit like a pack, but that was because I had joined it. Only Alphas, Betas, and Gammas knew the smell but most of the do not say anything about it.

I shook my head a little before looking at the gas pump as money flew out of my bank account  to pay for gas. Teachers don't get paid that much, if you hadn't noticed. Even with my two jobs, I didn't have that much money, even though Dean helped just a little. It is taking forever, I groaned. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath, still trying to stop the tears from leaking out. It was his fault. If he hadn't had rejected me, we would've had pups by now. I bit back a scoff and shook my head as I closed my eyes, brooding.

Someone cleared their throat, making me open my eyes and turn my head, to see a scowling man, glaring. I shivered a little, because I felt the power he carried and knew that he was an Alpha. "Do you have papers?' he asked, hatred in his voice, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

I blinked a little and crinkled my nose in confusion  "What papers?" I asked, innocently. "If you mean my license, then no, you can't have that. I need it to drive."

The Alpha growled a little, enough for some humans to look at us weirdly. Yes, I don't consider myself human, even though I was one. I haven't decided on what to call myself, yet.

I raised my eyebrow a little higher. "I would watch it, Alpha," I said so only he could hear me. "There are still humans around. Yes, I am human, but I'm not going to say anything to anyone about..." I shrugged my shoulder before looking away from him and at the gas pump.

"How?" the Alpha croaked out, sounding a little hoarse.

I finished with the gas pump, silently, before turning to look at him. For some time I let my eyes wander taking in his appearance. He was built, not built as David, but he sure was close. He had green eyes that were bulging out, making him look like Bugsy, that guinea pig on Bedtime Stories. He also had black hair that fell in his eyes. I kept my eyes on his face because I did not know if he had a mate or not. "Walk with me, if you would," I said, my voice having a small bit of respect in it. "I need some chocolate." I  walked to my truck and got my keys before locking it. I turned to look at him and again raised an eyebrow, as I saw him looking at me, warily. "Don't worry, unless you hurt me, I won't hurt you. And no, I'm not a Hunter."

He frowned a little before starting to walk with me towards the main building. "I'm Randy Batts," he said. "Alpha of the Firestorm Pack."

I nodded my head. "Jessica Wallace, member of the Lightning Bolt Pack. My grandfather and Frederick were best buds. Damion, who I do call Dad sometimes, adopted me after Frederick practically begged him. I'm the sister of Alpha Dean." And, I'm supposed to be mated to the Alpha of the Withering Willow Pack, I thought to myself.