Chapter 31 (Edited)

Two weeks flew by fast. I had made up with Trent, telling him that I had been stressed and such. He understood of course, but I knew that he was upset that I was leaving. He knew why I was though and that was good.

I had also told the people at the hospital and the nursing home that I was leaving. So, Wednesday they had both thrown me a goodbye party. The karate place also threw me a goodbye party on Thursday.

I didn't tell anyone at school that I was leaving. I couldn't have them talking about it. I couldn't risk David finding out.

As the minutes ticked down, I was nervous. I knew I had to tell them. I took a deep breath and stood. "I'm sorry to inform you that today is my last day. My sister-in-law is having complications with her birth, and I have to go back to Georgia to help out around the house."

There were a couple of groans and complaints.

"But, what about us?" Daniel asked. I could hear a double meaning in his words. "What will happen?"

"You will be fine. There are people that will help. I'm sure that he will find a better replacement than I."

There was double meaning behind that, and I could see that the Wolves had caught on.

"I'm sorry, but I got to go. There is nothing here for me, and I'm homesick. It's getting harder for me to leave Georgia." There was a lie in there. I wasn't homesick for Georgia, I was homesick for my mate.

The bell rang for class to end. All the students left the classroom feeling sad and upset, except for the Wolves.

I walked to the door and closed it, before looking at the five students, that were left.

They were silent, as they talked amongst themselves, making me nervous.

"It's because of my father," Daniel said with a growl. "That is why you are leaving."

I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling tears starting to form. "I can't live without a pack at my side. The attack proved that."

"Attack? What attack?" Beth asked.

"Rogue attack," I replied. "They were going to rape and kill me."

"What happened?"

"I killed one with wolfsbane. He pricked his finger on my doorknob. I killed another with a knife. Damn thing was too slow. And then-" My throat closed as I remembered everything from him attacking me, to almost raping, and then killing me.

"And then what?" a male, whose name I think is Owen, asked.

"The third one got to me. He forced me to kiss him. He was going to rape and then kill me. But, I grabbed a pure silver candlestick and beat the crap out of him."

I rubbed my neck, where there was still bruising from his hand. "He was killing me. I passed out and when I woke, I had an Asthma Attack." I cleared my throat as they were silent. "No one tells your Alpha anything. Got it? He made it clear that he didn't want me. You can tell him Saturday."

"Will you come back?" Daniel asked.

I shrugged my shoulder. "I don't know," I replied truthfully. "If he changes, maybe. My life doesn't and won't revolve around him. And I'm sorry that the pack has to suffer. Now, it is time for you all to get to class."

***

Friday night came and went and now it was moving day. Dean, Blake, and Clarice, who ignored their protests, had came to help me move my boxes and furniture in the moving truck that they had brought.

"Clair, why are you trying to help?" I asked as I placed a box in the truck and hopped down to take the box from her.

Clair growled, playfully at me. "Because you would do the same for me," she replied, as I placed it into the truck.