Prologue: The Tragedy

Thunder roars and the rain water started to pour from the sky and cloud the windshield of an unknown car as it speed at the edge of a cliff that usually show a magnificent sunset.

The driver is speeding carefully not only because he value his life but because he has a family on his hands right now. Not your typical family, but they are rich beyond riches.
But the stillness that the weather is breaking suddenly got another company. In front of the car is another vehicle speeding impossibly in the unchartered weather right across the towering cliff.

Panic is now evident in the faces of the car passengers as the vehicle in front of them started to get closer as each minute passes.
In order to avoid any accident the driver decided to pull over and halt the car's movement. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief when the speeding car successfully passed.
The driver is once again ready to drive when a loud bang creep them out. It is then followed by a flaming tree just right next to the car that is now starting to tilt.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Driveeee!!"

The car speed up but the burning tree continue to tilt in front of the car. Before the tree can hit the front of the car the driver evaded it only to lose control of the steering wheel before finally hitting a another tree next to the road which in turn uprooted it loosening the boulders before the narrow.
One by one, the boulders roll pushing the car which is now few feet away from falling down the cliff.

Eventually the car can no longer sustain the beating and falls down towards the cliff with water currents on below.
Water splash away from the car as it impacted the water surface. The car floats but then the water started gushing in filling it as each seconds pass.

"We need to get out now!"

With everyone in panic the baby started to cry desperately. His mother try to calm him down but the baby did not stop crying instead his voice, terrified gets even louder.

"Sir, we need to break the windshield."

As the mother held on to her dear son still trying to calm her ten month old baby he put his family heirloom a necklace with a pendant of a phoenix which is the insignia of their royal house, the driver smashed out the windshield their only way of escape.
With the windshield down the water flows in much faster but their escape route is now open.

"We need to swim away!" The father told them.

They started unbuckling the seatbelt but it seems that the mother's seatbelt got stuck. Seeing the situation the father grab the baby from his mother's grip.

"Go! Swim away and take the young prince with you. I'll see you at the shore."

The driver quickly comply. He strapped the baby to his body and float away from the sinking car. With tears in her eyes the mother push her husband away.

"You must survived! Leave now make sure the prince is safe! Promise me you will protect him at all cost." The mother pleaded giving one last look to his baby who is now on top of the drivers chest as he floats towards the shore.

"No! I won't leave you behind! We can still make it!" The father said as he struggle to unbuckle the seatbelt that is binding his wife to the car seat.

"Leave! Please, I don't want my prince to get orphaned! Leave now and take the prince with you." The mother said tears are rolling on her cheeks.

"I will always love you remember that my queen!" The father said.

Against his will he started to shove away the water trying to escape the almost sunken car. Before he can swim outside, the engine cover gave in due to the boulder wrecking it and the water pressure. The father got hit in the head hard, the queen is now sunk in water beginning to drown. Losing his consciousness both the father and the mother goes down into the deep together.

The driver look back and saw the car with only it's bumper visible. Then a shimmering light catches his attention. It is the car engine cover floating.
Knowing that the safety of the prince now in his hands he float back near the car cover. Upon reaching it he unstrap the young prince and place him on top of the floating car cover. Knowing that it will be much easier for him to pull the cover and swim towards the shore.

He is almost there at the shore, about twenty two feet away when a large wave hit them making him lose grip of the cover and got caught in the spiral of current under water before hitting his head to a coral growth slashing his neck and bleeding to death.
The young prince is left floating and moving away from the shore.

Dawn came, the weather finally calmed.

The young prince is crying while floating on the cover. Hungry and shivering in cold in the middle of the sea without anyone to rescue him.

Just then, a passing fishing boat caught the sound of the crying prince in the middle of the sea. The fisherman quickly saw the baby and fish him out of the floating cover remover his drenched clothes and wrap a towel around him.
He row his boat towards the island where he lives. A remote island at the edge of the country's boundary.

The old fisherman immediately run towards their house made from bamboo and coconut leaf. With only less than a hundred of population the village is disconnected from the outside world. No electricity and all. To make things worse, it is several thousand miles away from the scene of accident.
He brought the baby to his wife to give him something to eat and keep him warm.

"Where in the world did you get this baby?" The old lady asked his husband who is now catching his breath because of running from the shore.

"I found him in the middle of the sea, alone and floating on top of a metal sheet." The old fisherman explained.

"Can he stay with us?" The wife told his husband.

"I suppose if no one came looking for him. We should name him." He replied.

"Can! We will call him Can." The old lady said.

"Can, hmmm that sounds perfect." His husband agreed.

After few days, the accident is now on the headlines of all news channel. It was confirmed that the King and Queen died but their bodies was recovered on their sunken car same goes for the driver who died due to blood lost and was found floating near the coast.
But the young prince is nowhere to be found.
Nobody knows of he survived the unfortunate accident that befall the royal family.

The young prince is the lone heir after the king's younger brother died due to disease two years ago.
The only one left are the Queen Regent and the now missing prince.
Quickly the Regent put up a group to search for the young heir.

Years past and it has been seventeen years. Unfortunately the prince is still missing since the day of the accident.

Can grows up to be a young fine man unaware of his identity.