{Chapter Fourty-Eight}

⚠️ Warning: Slight mentions of drug abuse, near death experience, and attempted suicide⚠️

~~~~~

*Nikki*

I groaned as I felt a bright light shine on me and slowly opened my eyes. The air smelled sterile and like rubbing alcohol.

My head... My throat, its so dry... Where... Where am I...?

I opened my eyes a little more and my vision starts to clear up.

I then see I'm in a hospital room, where I'm connected to some IV's and a heart monitor.

I frowned and looked nearby, seeing Tommy knocked out and snoring like a bear by the bed in a chair with an empty pudding cup in his hand, pudding smeared across his face as the spoon dangled from his mouth.

Vince was asleep on the armchair nearby, along with Sharise and Heather, and then I noticed I felt something warm next to me.

I look down and see....

"Mallory..." I mumbled in surprise.

She was curled up next to me, head on my shoulder, sleeping soundly. She had tear stains under her eyes and looked so tired.

That's when everything started to come back to me and I gulped.

I died.... I was actually dead... I've hit rock bottom....

I gulped as I continued to look down at Mal.

I almost left her alone.... I almost made her worst fears come true...

I held back my tears as I wrapped my arms around Mal, being careful with the IV's, when Mal started to wake up, her brown eyes looking up at me.

"N-Nikki...?" she murmured, looking up tiredly at me as she slowly sat up.

I gulped as she placed her hands on my cheeks and I closed them as I took in her touch... Her warmth....

A soft whimper escaped from her mouth as her eyes filled with tears, but she held herself together.

"Mal.... Oh Mal, I'm so sorry, I--"

She slowly placed her fingertips over my mouth, silencing me.

"Don't... Just... Just let us stay here like this, in silence," she whispered, gripping my hands in hers. "P-Please...."

I gulped and slowly nodded as she then laid back down, pulling me closer to her.

I wrapped my arms around her, my hand on her head as we held each other, a tear falling down my cheek as I felt her softly crying to herself.

I could feel her heart beating against me as she clung to me, and felt myself relax.

Nothing was said as we laid there.