{Chapter Ninety-Sixx}

⚠️Warning: The following chapter contains scenes depicting [past] domestic violence/assault and trauma. If affected, please read with EXTREME caution.⚠️

~~~~~

*Nikki*

With Mal's due date approaching, less than two months left to be exact, we both have mostly just went about preparing for Ava's arrival.

Mal decided to go into maternity leave early so she can stay at home to relax as well as be with the boys. That, and so she and I can start looking for a new house to move to. So far, a house near Mick's neighborhood seems promising, and there's a good elementary school not far from it, which can work for the boys and soon Ava as well.

Pamela and Mal have also spent a lot of time together while she prepares to deliver soon as well. She found out she's having another boy, and everyone is really excited, Brandon especially. She and Tommy are coming up with names and so far, they're settling for the name Dylan I think.

Right now the boys were having a playdate in the yard while Mal, Pamela and Beth all talked outside in the patio, and me and the guys had a band meeting, pretty much how its gonna be for us all since Ava and Dylan are gonna be born about 2 months apart, and we'll also be entering a new year, which is planned for mostly touring.

"So then what? We give it until like March and then we can tour?" Vince asked.

"It seems fair," Mick shrugged. "Mal's gonn have her hands full with the kids and they're also moving, and poor Pamela's gonna be raising two miniature T-Bone's," Mick said.

Tommy looked offensively at Mick. "Rude," he grumbled as then the phone rang.

"One sec," I said, getting up and putting my bass aside

I walked over to the phone and answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, is Mallory Sixx available?" a voice asked.

"Uhh, she's outside in the yard right now," I said. "This is her husband, though. Can I ask who's calling?"

"My name is Ronald Desmond, I'm the Bennet Family attorney... I have important and serious news for Mallory regarding a past case...."

*Mallory*

"Well, have you told him?!" Pamela asked.

Beth sighed. "I mean.... He was so scared with Neil...." She said. "I don't want this to overwhelm him or anything... I know losing Skylar is still hurting him, even if he won't admit it...."

"Have you and Nikki talked about more kids, Mallie?" Pamela asked.

I pursed my lips. "I mean.... Our kids so far have been sort of a surprise in a way, but, we are thinking once Zander turns 3 to actually try ourselves this time," I said. "I did always want a big family, and after I found out about my condition, I thought that dream was shattered....."

She gave me a sad smile, nodding in understanding.

"Yet, despite that, we managed to have two healthy boys, a baby girl on the way who's also been healthy so far, and all in a row so.... I don't know... Maybe my dream of a big family isn't dead after all...." I said, smiling and feeling a little hopeful.

"It would be one hell of a party," Beth chuckled, and we laughed.

"That's true," I giggled. "I don't know, right now I just rather focus on Ava, as well as my boys. When the time comes, then we'll see."

They nodded as then the door opened and Mick walked out along with Tommy.

"Hey, you guys done?" Beth asked.