{Chapter Eighty}

1993

*Mallory*

I flicked the lighter on and held it to the cigarette as it rested between my lips before it finally ignited, the warm bittersweet tobacco smoke flooding my body.

I sighed, letting the smoke drift into the warm, summer air as I pulled the stick from my mouth between my fingers as I looked up at the white clouds in the sky, a soft breeze blowing through

I rested against the wall behind the studio building, taking in the serene feeling outside.

Why can't it be this peaceful all the time?

Then again.... What even is peace anymore?

Its been a little over a year since Vince left. I don't hear about him anymore, but I do see Sharise and Skylar from time to time.

Sharise was anything but happy about what happened once she found out, but I told her that its best to just let it go. Its not worth getting upset over now anyway.

Vince started his own solo career, and honestly.... Its good.... He seems to be doing okay, I guess....

Mötley Crüe had decided to take a bit of a break and eventually hired a new singer. His name is John Corabi, and he is a nice guy who just wants to avoid any turmoil.

That's easier said than done....

The fans have also tried their hardest to come to grips with everything, but its just not the same.

I finally earned my residency and eventually became a Chief Nurse, and start trying for my doctorate as well. However, after losing Angel and everything that happened last year, I wanted to get my mind off of everything, so I buried myself into my work, along with my fellowship, which I now only have a few months left for and I also decided to take some extra classes on the side to be a certified EMT, and maybe afterwards a paramedic as well, depending how it all goes.

Nikki's not a huge fan of me working and studying from the crack of dawn until almost past midnight, but its not a permanent thing....

Plus, working and studying so much has managed to keep me clean again, and that's really all I want at the moment, especially since I'm trying to quit cigarettes completely. 

The nicotine gum can only really do so much... 

I've also started seeing a therapist, who prescribed me some antidepressants and some medication to help with anxiety.

The benzos help enough with my anxiety, but the antidepressants make me feel numb, and not in a good way. For me, its a worse numb feeling than cocaine. At least with cocaine, I was still aware of my surroundings. With the medication, which is a new experimental drug called Prozac, a vampire in broad sunlight has more energy than me.