{Chapter Fourty-Three}

》1987《

*Tommy*

A few months had passed after my honeymoon and once I got back was when Vince and Mick told me about what Nikki did to Mallory a few nights before the wedding, including how she almost even killed herself.

I was already pissed with him shooting up at my wedding. He was so fucked up that day.

What he did to MJ, though, was a new low, even for him. I was a little upset no one told me or Heather sooner, but I understood why. Their intentions were good, but MJ is still our friend, too, and we're all just glad it wasn't any worse than a few bruises from being grabbed too hard.

At first, I was thinking it was because he couldn't to see someone else happy.

Now though, I think its all becoming something else for him. He's been worrying the hell out of us all. Every night is one party after the other, spending a thousand dollars a day on heroin.

I guess if you've got a big hole in your heart, you gotta fill it with something....

The rest of the year and holidays came and went in a blink of an eye, it was a surprise that it was already January, soon to be February.

MJ has been living with Mick since the incident and looking to move out of the state somewhere else, all depending on her choice of medical college, since she's considering going back starting next year.

She also decided to legally change her name to Mallory Joan Smith, so that she could start fresh with a new name, no Sixx or Bennett. She was still under Sixx for a good while, and Vince and I offered to let her use  Wharton or Bass, Mick offering his real last name, Deal, but she decided on something simple, plain and average, that won't bring any attention to avoid any future paparazzi run ins, and just disappear from the public.

So far, one school in New York City seems promising to her. She's managed to get her transcripts and some paperwork and mailed them over, now she's just waiting on a call.

Her only problem right now, though, is her relapse... Its like she's always snorting a line wherever she goes now, even before bed, smoking a pack a day, popping a bunch of different pills every day, and I can swear sometimes, just sometimes, see her staring up at skyscrapers or at bridges or even sharp stuff in the kitchen for a little too long.....

She's broken.... And I wish there was a way I could help her.... If we can't help Nikki, at least help her....

Both of them are just in a dark fucking place...

.... The sad thing is, I think Nikki liked it in his.....

MJ's gonna keep working at the strip club and as our backup singer on tour until then to have some money saved up, making her final tour in the fall with us.

MJ was also actually once offered a recording contract by some company since they heard her singing on stage and loved it, but she turned them down, considering she was done with the music scene once she finishes the last tour, and dead set on a future in medicine.

Right now we were at Mick's place relaxing since we'll be on tour soon, MJ cooking lunch for us.

I sat on the couch with Heather, Vince on one of the armchairs taking a nap while Mick strummed his guitar on another chair, when the phone rang, waking Vince up with a snort and making me laugh.

Mick went to get up when MJ walked in from the kitchen, drying her hands with a towel.

"Don't worry, I got it," she said, walking over and picking the phone up from the receiver as Mick settled back down with a sigh.