{Chapter Fifty-Four}

*Nikki*

So far writing the album has been really great. Of course, like any other musician, we do hit our bumps in the road while writing songs, but this isn't the first time we've hit them.

Eitherway, though, its annoying as hell.

I was so stumped writing some songs, but sighed as I rubbed my eyes.

Mal's right... I should sleep more....

Its a usual Thursday morning and Mal was going to stop by any minute to help me with some songs before work.

I looked back at the song sheet, frowning at the lyrics on the page.

I knew it all along
I'd have to write this song

Too young to fall in love
Guess we knew it all along.....

I sighed, laying back on my seat before tossing the pencil across the room.

... Why am I bothering with these songs? Should I even put these songs? Its too freaking obvious!

My thoughts are pulled by a knock at the door.

"Nikki, it's me!" Mal's voice called out.

"Shit!" I mumbled, quickly slamming the notebook shut and hiding it under my bed before rushing downstairs.

I walk over and opened the door, seeing Mal there, dressed in her light blue nurse uniform and her leather jacket, her dark hair down instead of pinned up like all the other nurses.

(Picture: Mallory's nurse uniform, along with her current hairstyle - Note: Her hair is mostly pinned up in when working, and she still has brunette hair)

"Hey," she smiled then held up coffee and a doggie bag from Dottie's Diner. "I bought us breakfast. Your favorite."

"Awesome," I smiled. "Come on in."

She nodded and walked in.

Like before, Mal helps us with songs whenever we're stuck with any. She helped a lot with Dr. Feelgood and also Same Ol's Situation, which so far is her favorite.

"So, Vince tells me you've been having some trouble with some songs," she said.

"Yes, and before I'm reprimanded, 7 hours last night, thanks to a glass of warm milk," I said, sarcastically.

She chuckled with an eyeroll. "I am just making sure you're well rested."

"I know," I laughed as we headed to the studio room.

"Alright, so, Time for Change is almost done, but I keep feeling like something is just missing," I said as we entered and help pull her jacket off for her. "And don't even get me started with Sticky Sweet. Mick is so close to ripping his hair out over the chorus, and... Keep having this feeling T.N.T. has to have the chorus rewritten and-"