{Chapter Thirty-Five}

*Mallory*

"It was another argument... It was pretty bad..." She sighed as we watched Skylar play with her coloring books. "I don't know, ever since everything, its just been so damn distant, both of us.." Sharise sighed as I finished the last box of wires.

I sighed. "I mean, after everything, I'm surprised it didn't all end at all... Not that I want it too, but.... Shar, you gotta lighten up on him. He's been through hell, and his comeback hasn't exactly been easy either."

She sighed. "I know, but I'm just trying to think of Skylar here," she said sternly.

It was after a show and in 2 days we were flying to I don't even know where anymore. Sharise and I were relaxing in the green room with Skylar, Heather had headed out a while ago to say goodbye to Tommy before meeting up with her dad.

I mostly work at the strip club now, and I now live with Dottie, but Mötley needs their backup singers, so Doc calls me whenever he needs me, despite resigning as his assistant.

I did need the money, since Dottie hasn't been well health wise and I'm helping with her bills. My tips are good but they can only help for so long, so who am I to refuse?

I sighed. "You're right, I'm sorry, Sharise..."

"No, no, Mal, wait," she said, holding my hand. "You did nothing wrong... You're right, I've been really hard of him, its just... He won't tell me anything... We've been growing apart, and... It hurts..."

I nodded. "I know... It just needs time... Both of you need some time... Vince loves you, I don't doubt that... And he loves Skylar just as much, I don't doubt that either."

She sighed and nodded as she then noticed the time.

"Shoot, I have to go, Skylar's doctor's appointment is in 20 minutes," she said. "Baby, we gotta go. Say bye to your godmommy."

"Come here, Sky, give me a kiss," I giggled as she rushed over and gave me a hug, giggling sweetly as I kissed her cheek.

I then let her go back to Sharise once all their things were collected and I hugged her.

"I should head out soon, too, make sure Dottie gets home okay," I said. "Let me just check if they need my help on stage to pack."

She nodded as she took Skylar's hand and we headed out.

I went to help a stage hand with the drums while Skylar and Sharise were pulled over to talk to a merch girl, Kaycee, whose also a friend of ours.

"Okay, do I have to let you go?" I heard Tommy pout as Heather giggled as I finished unscrewing the snare drum and handing it to the drum tech.

"Baby," Heather smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Come here."

They shared a passionate kiss together before they pulled back and she softly wiped her thumb across his lip, probably wiping off some of her lipstick.