{Deleted Scenes: Freedom At Last}

⚠️Warning: Mentions of abuse and trauma, both mental & physical, ate in this chapter. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

1978》

*Mallory*

I slammed the suitcase shut before looking worriedly over my shoulder.

They should be out long enough.... I hope....

I went to my safe and looked through it.

Passport. SS card. ID Card. Medication. Birth certificate. Grandma's locket. Credit Card.... best not, they could track me.... and only $200 left....?

Ugh... they must have taken most of it when I wasn't looking!!

I pursed my lips and nervously looked over.

They must be knocked out by now.... Mother probably took enough of her medication to be out like a light and Father is probably knocked out from the scotch....

I quietly snuck out of my room, and tiptoe my way to Father's office down the hall.

I quietly walk in and hurry to where his safe is.

I gulped as I looked over and then spun the combination into the lock.

The door opened and I sighed with relief before suddenly a sharp pain overtook part of my head.

No... No no no no no no not now please!!!

I groaned quietly as I held my head, kneeling down to the floor a little.

Since I left the hospital,  the migraines come and go whenever they please, and sometimes even lead to seizures.

I prayed it'll pass as I took deep breaths.

"Please.... Please no.... Not now...."

Thankfully, it did pass. I took a deep breath as I slowly stood back up, my vision clearing up, and then looking into the safe.

A bunch of stacks of money, some stocks, documents, and some gold pieces.

I grabbed 2 stacks and then looked at the jewelry.

Wait.... No... They'll track me down if I take that to pawn... Best what they owe me and a little more.... I gotta play this safe, cash only until its safe...

I grab half of another stack before hiding it behind the others and then closing the safe and locking it, then quietly rushing back to my room.

I shoved it all in my purse and suitcase, pull on my jacket, make sure I packed everything, and then grab my suitcase before quietly exiting my room.

I make my way downstairs to the front door, grabbing my car keys on the way, and then walk out.

Just before I unlock my car, I stop and then turn around, taking a good look at the large house.