{Chapter Eight}

》1981《

*Mallory*

Nikki and I have been together for a couple of months now and it's honestly been really great. We, of course, have a pretty active sex life along with the romance, and he gets pretty protective of me, too.

I actually feel happy and safe with him, and despite the crazy rock n roll bass player persona on stage, he's actually a huge sweetheart and really caring.

He insists that I shouldn't have to work stripping most nights to have money for food and for rent, that he can take care of it for me, but I don't want to leave all the work to him as well as the guys. I want to pull my own weight, too.

Despite how life was for me, its how I've been raised, and I don't see how I can't earn my part, too, if I'm able to work as well.

It was another Starwood weekend and the boys were killing it tonight, especially after performing some new songs. Thankfully I was off tonight so I can enjoy the show.

They were already on the last song, Starry Eyes, my favorite one

Nikki had actually surprised me on my birthday with this song as a gift that night at the Roxy Theater.

(Video: Mötley Crüe
"Starry Eyes")

"This one goes out to a special lady out there," Vince said into the mic.

The crowd cheered as I blushed, Nikki smiling at me before they started.

When she laughs
She's got the power of a child in her eyes
And when you cry now
She'll hold you like a man's supposed to be held
I can't get into words how I feel
Get it right in this song now
I had to set her free
Needed a friend
Come back to me

Oh starry eyes
Oh, oh
Oh starry eyes
Oh, oh

I danced along the music as the guys played, enjoying myself.

Standing alone in the light
You could see her cry
With a smile and a wink
And a sparkle in her eyes
She calmly sighed, I will be all right
Okay child
You've had to take the pain
Of a man in the streets
You gotta let me in
Needed a friend
Even just for one night!

Oh starry eyes
Oh, oh
Oh starry eyes
Oh, oh.

The crowd continued to cheer loudly as the boys performed excitedly.