5-Inside Bobby's Mind

(Based off season 3x10)

          Dean and Calliope were seated by Bobby's bedside when they heard the door open, looking up they see Sam enter. "How is he?" he asked them as he stepped further into the room.

Dean rubs his hand on his face, "Still no change, what you got?" he asks, getting up to see what his brother had brought.
"Well, considering what you told me about the docs experiments..Bobby's wall is starting to make a hell of a lot more sense" Sam explains.
"How so?" Calliope asks the boy.

Sam takes a paper out, showing them a picture of a plant, "This plant, Silene Capensis, is also known as African Dream Root. Its been used by shaman and medicine men for centuries"
"Let me guess. They dose up, bust out the didgeridoos, start kicking around the hackey" Dean tries to joke.
"Not quite. If you believe legends, its used for dreamwalking . I mean entering another person's dreams, poking around in their heads" Sam says to them.
"I take it we believe the legends" Dean says and they both share a look.
"When don't we?" Sam asks his brother.

"But dreamwalking is just the tip of the iceberg" Sam says as Calliope takes a paper and looks it over.
"What do you mean?" Dean asks.
"He's saying this dream root is very serious stuff. You take enough of it, with practice, you can become a very real Freddy Kruger" Calliope says to them, "You can control anything. You can make good dreams bad, and bad dreams good"

"And killing people in their dreams" Dean asks, "yeah they could" Calliope tells him.
"So lets say, this Doc was testing this stuff on his patients, Tim Leary style" Sam says.
"Somebody gets pissed at the Doc, decides to give him a little dream visit, he goes nighty-night" Dean says.

Calliope looks at Bobby, "What about Bobby?" she asks, "If the killer came after him, then why isn't he gone yet?"
"I don't know" Dean answers, as they all look at Bobby.
"Staying here isn't going to do much" Calliope says to the boys and heads to the door, the boys follow.

"So, how do we find a homicidal sandman?"  Dean asks.
"Could be anyone?" Sam says to his brother.
"Yeah" Calliope and Dean say.
"Anyone who knew the doc , had access to his dream shrooms" Dean says as they continue down the hall.

"It could be one of his test subjects, that Jeremey gave me a an odd vibe, or the assistant" Calliope says.
"Possible but his research was pretty sketchy. I mean, I don't know how many other subjects he had, or all of who they are" Dean says as they exit the hosipital.
Sam looks his brother scoffing, "What?" Dean asks.

"In any other situation we'd be calling Bobby and asking him for help" Sam tells him.
Calliope looks at both brothers then gets an idea, and she puts an arm out to stop them, "Why don't we just do that?" she says.

"Yeah sure, I think we might find the conversation a bit one-sided" Sam says to her.
"If we use the Dream Root it wont" she says smiling.
"What?" they both ask.

"You heard me" she replies.
"You wanna go dreamwalking inside Bobby's head?" Sam asks.
"Yeah, we might be able to help Bobby" she says.
"We have no idea what is crawling around in there" Sam tells her.

"Sam, Dean, its Bobby, we have to do this, or at least try" Calliope  says giving them a pleading look.
"Okay, your right, one problem though. We're fresh out of African Dream Root, so unless you have some, or know someone who can get us some" Sam tells her.

 We're fresh out of African Dream Root, so unless you have some, or know someone who can get us some" Sam tells her