20- You're Destroying Me

Later that night, as Calliope sits in the den with Bobby, trying to find another way to end the devil, she looks up to see Adam trying to leave. She watches as Sam goes after him, most likely trying to convince Adam that by keeping him here, they are protecting him from the angels. Calliope gets up from where she is sitting and heads downstairs to check on Dean who was currently staying locked up in the Panic Room. Using her abilities, she opens the door and looks at him, "Hey" she says to him, and he looks away from her. "Seriously, you are going to try and give me the silent treatment" she says to him.

He scoffs before looking back at her, "you had to call in Sam didn't you" he says to her.
"I'm sorry Dean, it was the only choice I had. I needed to protect you" she says to him.
"I have to do this Calliope and you know this; you know I need to do it" he says to her.

"Dean, this isn't some stupid sacrifice shit. I can't watch you die not again" she says as she tries not to cry.
"Then don't, leave, walk away, you don't have to be a part of this not anymore" he says to her.
"Dean, I am not leaving you, I love you" she finally admits to him, he lowers his head as she says those words.

"Please, Calliope, just walk away from all this" he says to her as he looks up at her tears in his eyes.
"You're destroying me, Dean" she says to him.
"That's good" he says back at her. She then turns away and using her abilities she closes the door, before walking away and starts to head back upstairs as Sam comes down them with Castiel.
"Maybe you can knock sense in him" she says to Sam, as she heads back up the stair case.

Calliope waits as Sam tries to talk to Dean, but she had a feeling that it was going to just be a one-sided argument. Minutes later Sam comes back into the room, and Bobby looks at him, "How's he doing?" he asks. Sam just looks at Bobby mot saying a word, before he looks over at Calliope, shaking his head at her. "How you doing?" Bobby then asks him. Sam once again doesn't say a word, as Castiel then decides to go down and speak to Dean.

"hey, we won't let him do something stupid okay" Sam says to Calliope, as she tries not to get upset.
'I just...I just don't want to lose him Sam" she says as he then walks over to her hugging her. As Sam holds on to her, Calliope gets a sharp pain inside her body, and she groans out.

"Callie, Callie, what's wrong?" Sam asks her.
"I don't...I don't know..." she says as the pain subsides, and she has a feeling she knows what just happened. Pulling away from Sam, Calliope runs to the basement stairs, and rushes down them to the panic room. She sees the door wide open and she steps inside, seeing that Dean was gone, and one of the metal doors inside, there is the sigal mark to make Angels disappear. "Damnit! Damnit!" she says as she runs back upstairs.

"Where's Cass?" Bobby asks her.
"He's been blown to Oz. Sam we've gotta go find Dean, I don't think he's gone to far. Bobby can you just keep an eye on Adam" Calliope says as she picks up her jacket and tosses Sam his.
"How? You may have noticed he's got a slight height advantage" Bobby says to her.
"Then cuff him to your chair. I don't know, just watch him" Sam says to Bobby, as they go out the door.

As Calliope and Sam leave to go look for Dean, Bobby calls them back letting them know that Adam was gone. The rush back and see that Bobby was telling the truth and Adam had disappeared. "Bobby what happened?" Calliope asks him.
"He was right in front of me and he disappeared into thin air" Bobby tells her.

Just then they hear the rustling of wings, "Because the angels took him" they hear Castiel says as he reappeared with a beaten Dean.
"What the hell happened to him?" Sam asks.
"Me" Castiel says as he tosses Dean's body onto the bed.

"What do you mean the angels took Adam?" Bobby asks him, "You branded his ribs, didn't you?" he asks.
"Yes, Adam must have tipped them" Castiel then says.
"But how?" Calliope asks.
"I don't know, maybe in a dream" he tells her.
"Where would they have taken him?" Sam asks and Castiel doesn't say a word.