16-Steve and Dirk

(Season 4 x18)

Calliope woke up in her bed looking over at Dean, who is awake, "Hey you okay?" she asks him.
"Uh..yeah..yeah I think so, just something weird that happened, I had to craziest dream, where you and I were engaged, and I worked a corporate job, and didn't know Sam" he tells her.
"Okay that's a little messed up, you and I engaged like that's ever going to happen" she says to him.
"Yeah..You're right...sorry to wake you...get some more rest" he tells her.
"You sure you're okay?" she asks sensing that he was keeping something from him.
"Yeah..I will be, come on we got  a case in the morning, need our rest" he tells her, as he lays back down on the couch, and Calliope closes her eyes getting some much needed rest as well.

Calliope, Sam, and Dean walk into the comic book store, fully dressed in their suits, as they walk up to the counter, "Uh... Can I help you?" the man behind the counter asks them.

"Sure hope so, Agents DeYoung, Shaw and Gowen, just need to ask you a few questions" Dean tells the man.
"Notice anything strange in the building, last couple days?" Sam asks the man.

"Like what?"  he asks in return.
"You've had some other tenants report flickering lights" Calliope tells him.
"Uh,I don't think so, Why?"  he asks her.
"What about noises? Any skittering in the walls? Kind of like rats?" Sam then asks.

"And the FBI is investigation a rodent problem?" the man asks skeptical about their cover.
"What about cold spots? Feel any sudden drops in temperature?" Sam asks.

The man then grins at the three of them, "I knew it! You guys are LARPing, aren't you?" he asks them.
"Excuse me?" Dean asks confused by what the man asked.
"You're fans" he says to Dean.
"Fans of what exactly?" Calliope asks.
"What is 'LARPing'?" Dean asks him.

"Like you don't know" the man says to Dean, and they all give him a confused look, "Live-Action Role-Play! And pretty hardcore, too" he explains to them.
"I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about" Dean says to him.
"You're asking questions like the building's haunted. Like those guys from the books, What are they called? Uh....'Supernatural'. Two guys, use fake IDs with rock aliases, hunt down ghosts, demons, and vampires. What are their names? Uh..Steve and Dirk? Uh, Sal and Dane?" the man tells them

"Sam and Dean" Calliope and Sam say together.
"That's it!" the man says excitedly.
"You're saying this is a book?" Dean asks.
"Books, it was a series, didn't sell a lot of copies, though. Kind of had more of an underground cult following" the man tells them as he leaves behind the counter, and head over to a bargain bin, and the three of them follow him, "Let's see...um...ah, yeah" he takes a book out and passes it to Dean, "That's the first one" he tells Dean.

Dean looks at the cover of the book, before flipping it around and reading the back, "Along a lonely California highway, a mysterious woman in white lures men to their deaths"

Sam grabs the book from Dean, "Give me that" he then looks at the man, "We're gonna need all the copies of "Supernatural" you've got" he asks the man.

Later that night the three of them are in their motel, and Calliope and Dean are going over the books, as Sam has his laptop out looking up the books online.

"Did you really do this stuff before I met you guys?" Calliope asks them both as she finishes reading the first book, "Cause this is freaking insane, how is it even possible this Carver Edlund knew all this" she adds.
"You got me" Sam tells her.
"Everything is in here, I mean everything, from the racist truck to—to me having sex, I'm full-frontal in here dude, Calliope don't read that" he remarks as she picks up a book called Route 666. Dean then goes over toward his brother, "How come we haven't heard of them before?" he asks his brother.