22- Drinking Demon Blood For Kicks

(Season 4 x 21)

Calliope stood outside the panic room, looking at Dean, with Sam still locked inside, as he opens the panel on the door. Sam looks at the two of them, "Okay, let me out, this is not funny" he says to the two of them.
"Damn straight" he says to him.

"Dean, Callie come on this is crazy" he says to them.
"No, not until you dry out" Dean tells him.
"Look, I'm sorry I shouldn't have lied to you two. Just open the door" he says.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault" Dean says to him, "It's not your fault that you lied to me over and over again. I get it, you couldn't help it" he adds.

"I'm not some junkie" Sam says anger in his voice.
"Really? I guess I've just imagined how strung out you've been lately" Dean says to him.
"You're actually trying to twist this into some kind of ridiculous drug intervention" Sam says anger rising.

"If it smells like a duck" Dean says.
"Dean, Callie I'm not drinking the demon blood for kicks. I'm getting strong enough to kill Lilith" he shouts at them.

"Really Sam, you're getting strong enough" Calliope then says to him.
"Yeah" he says to her.
"This is about as far away from strong as you can get, try weak, try desperate, pathetic" Dean says anger in his voice.

"Killing Lilith...is what matters, or are you so bust being self-righteous you forgot about her" Sam says to them.
"Oh, Lilith is gonna die, Bobby, Calliope and I will kill her, but not with you" Dean says to him.
"You're not serious" Sam says back at them.

"Congrats, Sammy, you just bought yourself a benchwarmer seat to the apocalypse" Dean says to him, as he closes the panel, and the two of them turn around and start to walk up the stairs. They hear Sam shouting at them to come back and to let him out, but they don't say a word as Dean stops for a second on the top step.

"You're doing the right thing" Calliope tells him as she places a hand on his arm.
"I hope so" he says before they continue leaving the basement.

Standing in Bobby's den, the three of them can hear Sam's shouts from downstairs, as Bobby pours himself and Dean a glass of whiskey.
"Me too" Calliope tells him, and he gets another glass pouring her one too.

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asks Bobby.
"Here let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh, wait no one ever wrote one" Bobby says to him. "No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it" Bobby adds. Dean looks at him, then at Calliope, before Bobby's phone rings, and Dean steps away.  "Hello......suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you" they hear Bobby say and Calliope and Dean share a look.

"What's the matter with Rufus?" Calliope asks him.
"He knows" he tells her as she takes a sip of her whiskey and the phone rings once again.
"I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important" Bobby says as he then stays silent after a few minutes he hangs up the phone.

"Bobby, what is it?" Calliope asks him.
"Give me a minute" he says as he goes to his computer and starts looking something up. Dean and Calliope just stand there watching him, drinking the rest of their whiskey.

"The news. The news ain't good" Bobby says as he hands Calliope and Dean the articles he printed off.

"This is what Rufus called about, 'Key West sees 10 species go extinct" Dean reads from the one article.
"Yep, plus Alaska, fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal locks the door, kills exactly 66 kids, all this in a single day" Bobby tells them, as they see the articles that he was just talking about. "I looked them up, they're all seals, breaking fast" he adds.