Chapter 3: Chains

Derek brought me to his house again and took me to one of the many rooms.

He pulled out a chest and opened it, a symbol on the inside.

"What's in mean?"

"Three swirls each one for alpha, beta, omega."

"Or past, present, future? It symbolizes threes?"

"Correct."

"But for us it's what you said?"

"Exactly."

He pulled out a chain.

"I'm not gonna like this am I?"

He then pulled out a headpiece with screws every two inches to be twisted into someone's head. "No."
~
He chained me up to a beam and was adjusting everything.

"So how do you control it?" I asked.

"Find an anchor."

"Like an actual anchor?" I joked, looking up at him and he remained serious. "What's yours?" I asked.

"Anger," he responded, getting up.

"Wow, wouldn't have guessed with how sappy and fluffy you are," I teased.

He looked back at me with seriousness.

"You really leaving me like this?"

"No, when I return I'll put that on you," he said, nodding to the headpiece. "Then I'm leaving."

I gaped at him and pulled at my chains.

"You said you'd trust me."

"I'm beginning to regret that."

"Everyone does."

"How poetic."

He left and returned and kept his word of putting the headpiece on.

"This is going to hurt," he stated.

"Great.... just get it over with."

He started screwing the screws and the pain was terrible.

At first I tried to be strong in front of him, but then all that went out the window.

I screamed out in pain and gripped his shoulders, trying to push him away, but he was too strong.
Once he was done he walked off. Blood dripping down my forehead.

Find an anchor I tried and tried but nothing worked.
I clawed and wanted to get free. I roared and yanked at my chains. I wasn't in control.

It wasn't until sunrise that I returned back to normal. I was exhausted.

I heard the door open and I looked up. Derek stood there with food in his hand.

"Not might be what you've wanted all night but I think you'll enjoy it just as much."

"Is this over?" I asked.

"Until the next fool moon."

"Every moon has to be like this?" I asked.

"Only if you don't find an anchor."

"I can't... I don't have one."

He slowly took my headpiece off and I winced. One the pressure was released I sighed in relief and rubbed my wrists.

"You sure do know how to show a girl a good time," I mumbled.

I pulled the burger out of the bag and took a bite.

"You ever gonna tell me where you disappear to?"

"No."

"Seriously?"

When he didn't answer I sighed, staring at him.

"What?" He asked.

"There's another one?" I asked. "They just aren't wanting your help are they?"

"I have to keep an eye on him."

"How old is he?"

"Sixteen."

"Wow... good luck with that," I said, taking another bite. "Thanks for this."

He didn't answer and stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he answered.

I heard something in the distance and I sat up.
Derek places a hand on my shoulder and placed a finger to his lips. "Stay here."

I swallowed my bite, suddenly feeling nauseous as
Derek got up and left.

I quickly followed behind cautiously, keeping enough distance.

I saw him walk out of the house and there was a young kid yelling at him.

"Stay away from her!" The kid shouted. "She doesn't know anything."

"Yeah? What if she does?" Derek asked, walking off the edge of stairs and just skipping the stairs down, landing with ease. "You think your little buddy Stiles can just google "Werewolves" and now you've got all the answers, is that it? You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm Iooking out for you. Think about what could happen. You're out on the field, the aggression takes over and you shift in front of everyone. Your mom, all your friends, and when they see you, everything falls apart," Derek said, taking the Scott's lacrosse mitt and tearing it with his claws.

He then tossed it and Scott caught it and Derek walled off and was back inside, next to me.

"Is that the guy? Scott?"

"Yeah... that's him."

I nodded and bit my lip. "And Stiles is..?"

"One of his friends."

"So you've been running off to check up on him make sure he isn't losing control and killing people while also dealing with me?"

"You both were bit the same night."

"You got your hands full."

He sighed and glared at me.

I offered some fries and softly smiled. "Here."
I handed him the fries and grabbed my jacket. "I have to head to work... don't worry I'll ask time off for the next full moon," I told him, patting his shoulder, opening the door.

He grabbed my forearm and I flinched. I took a deep breath and looked at him cautiously.

His eyes were softer and his touch gentle.

"You need to be careful," he spoke softly. It wasn't an order it was concern.

"I know," I replied. "I will be."

He softly released my arm, holding the door open for me.

"I'd let you know you can check up on me, but something tells me you already know," I smiled. "Just next time maybe use the doorbell. I might end up mistaking you as an intruder and accidentally killing you."

"I'd like to see you try," he smiled.

My heart fluttered a moment and I smiled and looked away, I laughed and shook my head, walking off.

I made Derek Hale smile.