Chapter 28: My Way

I played with the key in my hand, studying it.

Derek softly kissed my shoulder and I turned and faced him and smiled.

He kissed me, pulling me closer.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"It's just a key," he replied.

"Mm... it's more then just a key and you know it," I said, studying his eyes.

"Maybe."

I propped my head up on my hand and I looked at him.

"I probably should go.." I mumbled.

"Stay..." He said, holding my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Stay the night."

"You'll have to convince me," I smiled.

He slowly kissed me and I shook my head. He then kissed my neck and collarbone his hands wondering, his whiskers tickling my warm skin.

"Stay," he whispered in my ear, causing my breathing to deepen. "You have a key, you can stay every night, or come every early morning, or all day," he said, each new time landing a kiss somewhere else.

"Could I stay all the time?" I breathed.

"If that's what you want."

I smiled and ran my hands through his hair.

I heard his phone ring and I groaned.

He slowly got up and answered it.

When he hung up he looked at me. "We have to get to the subway."

I didn't ask questions and quickly got dressed.

"Wait!" I said before Derek opened the door and I kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

We then headed out.

We were at the subway when Scott, Stiles and Isaac came running in carrying Erica.

"She was attacked by the Kenema!" Stiles yelled.

"Pull her up," Derek said as she cried in pain, Stiles using his legs as a pillow.

"Is she dying?" Scott asked.

"She might, I which is why this is gonna hurt," Derek said, taking her arm and breaking it.

"You broke her arm!" Scott yelled.

"It'll trigger the healing process. I still gotta get the venom out. This is where it's really gonna hurt."

Derek squeezed her arm till blood came oozing out as Erica screamed in pain.

"Stiles you make a good Batman," she mumbled when she had stopped screaming before passing out.

Derek and I finished bandaging her up and then we walked out, Scott following us.

"You know who it is," Scott said.

"Jackson," Derek confirmed and I looked at him.

I was wrong. He had been right all along.

"You just wanted Erica to confirm it, didn't you?"

Derek sighed and started leaving.

"I'm gonna help you stop him," Scott said, making Derek turn around, surprised. "As part of your pack. If you want me in, fine. But we'll do it on one condition. We're gonna catch him, not kill him."

"And?" Derek asked.

"And we do it my way."