Chapter 33: Attack At Police Sation

I was running to the Hale house when I saw Deaton walking in.

"Deaton!" I yelled.

He turned. "Derek?" I panted, completely worn.

"I have a suspicion he is here."

I nodded and we walked in and I saw Derek laying unconscious.

I ran over to him and placed his head on my lap.

"Derek Can you hear me?" Deaton asked. "Derek Can you hear me? I need you to answer me, Derek. Derek!"

I winced at Deaton blowing a dog whistle and Derek shot up. I stood up and Derek almost collapsed but I wrapped my arm around him. 

"We don 't have much time," Deaton started explaining.

"That sound. What was it?" Derek panted.

Deaton held the dog whistle and smiled. "You're gonna be weak for several hours."

"It actually happened," Derek said, amazed.

I looked around and saw a hole in the ground where we had buried Peter. I stood there shocked.

"Don't worry. You're still an Alpha," Deaton said.  "But, as usual, not a particularly competent one."

I glared at Deaton, looking him up and down and Derek placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Where is he?" Derek asked.

"I wish I could tell you."

"Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're helping me?"

"Helping your family actually used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you was a promise I made to your mother."

"You're the one my sister talked about. She said you're a kind of advisor?"

"She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

"I don't trust anyone."

"I know. If you did, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are."

I glared at Deaton again.

"And unfortunately, the one person you should trust doesn't trust you at all," Deaton continues.

"Scott."

"He's with Stilinski right now. You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. And something tells me It's going exactly the way he wants it to."

Derek and I headed back to our loft and I sighed.

"You go find Scott, I'm going to check on pack."

Derek nodded and he reached the door and before he walked out he kissed me.

I checked on the pack and when they were still chained up and Issac doing fine I quickly left to do something. To get an answer to a suspicion.
~
I walked in the police station with Mellisa who Scott had called.

"Mom?" Scott said, walking into the room and Melissa sighed.

"You scared me, where is every-"  Melissa stopped as a guy held a gun to us.

I stepped in front of Melissa, I would heal, she wouldn't. I looked at Scott wondering what was going on.

"Mom, just do what he says," Scott said. "He promised he wouldn't hurt you."

"He's right," the guy said, turning the gun on Scott and pulling the trigger.

I jumped at the noise.

"Scott!" Melissa screamed. 

"But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you."

"Wait, baby!" Mellisa moves past me and the guy pointed the gun at us.

"Back, back!" He yelled.

"Mom! Mom, stop, Mom!"

"I said get back."

"Scott."

"Mom, do it. Please, Mom."

I placed a hand on Melissa's shoulder and gently pulled her back.

"Get up, McCall," the guy said leading us to the cell room where Stiles's dad was chained to the wall.

"Matt! Matt, listen to me!" Stilinski said.

"Shut up! Shut up! Everybody shut up!" The guy named Matt yelled slamming the cell door shut in our faces. "Now, get up, or I shoot her next!" He said to Scott who had sat down.

"Please, he needs to see a doctor," Melissa begged.

"You think so?" Matt asked.

"Hey! Hey, you listen to me! It's all right," Scott said, getting up. "I'm okay."

"No, honey, you're not okay," she sobbed.

"It doesn't hurt, Mom."

"Cause that's the adrenaline, okay? Please, let me Let me just take a look at him, okay? I mean, I can help stop the bleeding."

"They have no idea, do they?"

I glanced at Scott who glanced at me. Matt knew about at least Scott. But not me.

"Please. Let me just take a quick look."

"Shut up! Shut up! Lady, if you keep talking, I'm gonna put the next bullet through his head."

"Okay, okay," Melissa cried.

"Back to the front, McCall. After you." Matt ordered, making Scott leave the room.

Where was Derek? If he found Scott and this guy Matt was here- where was he?!

I took a few deep breaths. I could break us out but how do I explain that to her and Stilinski?

I started to panic when I focused my hearing. I could hear his heartbeat. He was at least alive for now.

Stilinski pulled at his chains. It didn't seem like it would work until he broke free.

"Yes!" Melissa and I cheered when Matt walked back into the room, knocking him unconscious.

"Matt? Matt, please, listen to me," Melissa begged. "My son has been shot, and I've heard other gunfire, and I don't know what's happening, but can you please just let me see my son"

"How totally clueless are you people?"

Matt was slowly edging his way closer to us when Scott came in werewolf mode and attacked Matt, chasing him out.

Scott stopped when he saw his mom who stood there aghast.

She shook her head and turned away and I nudged my at Scott telling him to go find Matt.

Scott slowly left and ran after Matt.

Derek and Stiles ran in and I sighed in relief and Stiles grabbed his dads keys and tossed them at Derek as he attended his dad.

Derek unlocked the door and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you Okay?!" I asked.

"It's Matt, he's controlling Jackson."

"Are you Okay?" I repeated.

He slowly nodded and I sighed.

"Get out of here!" Stiles yelled at us as we heard sirens.

This was going to be complicated to explain.

Derek and I nodded and Melissa grabbed my shoulder. "You have to stay!" She said.

I slowly flashed my eyes at her and Derek did the same and she understood.

She shook her head and didn't look at us again as we left.