Chapter 80: Beautiful Eyes

I slowly woke up and smiled. I turned and saw Derek asleep next to me.

I slowly kissed him and he slowly woke up pulling me closer.

"Good morning," I whispered, kissing his cheek.

"Yes it is a good morning," he smiled as I slowly straddled him and started kissing his neck.

He softly moaned and gripped my waist.

Suddenly his phone rang.

"Ignore it," I whispered.

He denied the call, tossing his phone aside and kissed me, only for it to start ringing again.

He groaned I slid off him and he went and answered his phone.

"Peter," Derek answered and I groaned, putting a pillow over my head.

Eventually Derek hung up.

"What did he want?" I asked, throwing the pillow aside.

"He wants to find Kate."

"Why?"

"For the money."

"Right," I sighed.

"You don't seem so concerned about the money."

I propped up on my elbows and looked at him.
"No, I'm not.... I saved the money you gave me when we... separated," I mumbled.

He raised his eyebrows at me.

"It wasn't my safety net if we separated again, I was saving it for the kids actually... I was making my own money helping Laurel at the B&B. Also... I may have put some extra away separate from Peter because I didn't like the thought of our money being together," I admitted, biting my lip.

Derek just stared at me.

"Are you mad?" I asked, throwing his shirt on and getting up. "I know I should've told you, and I was going to but every time we had bigger problems and I just didn't think you'd mind. You're mad aren't you? Please don't be mad."

I bit my lip as he slowly came closer.

"Please say something... what are you thinking?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself.

"I'm thinking..." he started, getting closer. "Peter's going to have to wait. Because all I can think about and care about is getting you back in that bed," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist, picking me up.

I smiled as he walked back towards the bed.

~

"Are you sure you don't care about the money?" I asked, putting my hair up.

"I'm sure."

"Then why do you want to find Kate?" I asked, sitting down on the bed.

"To help Peter."

"Why? Peter can find his money on his own. There's something more to it then just the money."

Derek sighed, crossing his arms.

He looked at me and I waited.

I bit my lip and he looked away and sighed, sitting dow, next to me.

He looked worried.

He then showed me his eyes. They were amber instead of their ice blue.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"I don't know," he sighed, looking away.

I gently placed my hand on his cheek, making him look at me again.

"They're still beautiful," I smiled. "I will miss the blue though."

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you."

He gently pulled my scrunchie out of my hair. "I like your hair down," he whispered, brushing it behind my ear.

I smiled and kissed him, patting his chest. "Go hurry up and find Kate with Peter, but don't you dare be late for dinner!" I yelled as he reached the door.

"Yes, Mrs. Hale," he smiled.

I smiled as he left.