Chapter 86: Wounds

I woke up slowly, hearing the sound of beeping, everything seemed so loud.

I winced and tried to get up but someone placed a hand on my shoulder.

Melissa.

"Hey, it's okay, you're in the hospital."

"What happened?"

"Well you took quite the attack, an ax to your abdomen and a stab to the chest and on top of that Wolfsbane poisoning. You extremely lucky, Stiles and Lydia found you. We didn't think you'd make it. You gave us a few scares. The weapons used were also laced with wolfsbane so its taking a bit longer for them to heal."

"How am I in the hospital?" I asked.

"I pulled a few strings."

I looked around and saw flowers on the table.
"How long have I been out?"

"Two days."

Two whole days.

I tried to slowly sit up but I winced.

"Careful, that woman missed your heart barely. I'm surprised you're awake this early."

I rubbed my head and sighed. It hurt to even breath.

I looked and saw someone asleep in a chair next to the bed.

I looked at Melissa confused.

"He's hasn't left this whole time."

I looked over again at Derek.

"I think that's first time he's fallen asleep. Get some rest. I'll come back and discharge you soon."

Melissa left and I laid there.

I took a shaky breath. How was I even still alive?

I barely could sit up and I felt bandages around my torso and chest.

I hissed trying to sit up again and Derek woke up.

He looked at me and I gave up trying to sit up.

"Lizbeth?" He whispered hoarsely.

Had he been crying? His eyes were red, swollen, and tired.

I didn't know what to say.

He rubbed his chin and let out a shaky breath. "I thought I lost you," he whispered.

I should be dead, just from wolfsbane alone.

"I called," I whispered.

He slowly nodded. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "For everything," he finished, taking my hand gently. The first time he's touched me in weeks.

Did he really mean it?

"You shouldn't be here," I sighed, feeling tears come to my eyes as I remembered.

"Lizbeth," he whispered as I took my hand away.

"I went to Parrish before the attack," I started.

Derek slunk back in his chair.

"We kissed. I kissed him..."

Derek didn't say anything.

I wanted to tell him it meant nothing but no words came out. The kiss did mean something. It meant that I further damaged our already fragile relationship.

Derek didn't even look angry.

That hurt worse. He didn't care? Was he waiting on this? Was Braeden waiting outside for him to say it was over and to comfort him.