Chapter 23: Confrontation

I heard a knock on my door and I answered and Scott was standing there.

"Hey, come in," I said motioning him in.

"I need your help," he said.

"Okay?"

"With Derek."

"Ah," I said, crossing my arms. "There it is. What make you and Stiles think I have control over him?"

"You don't, but he's the only one he actually listens to. Values your opinion."

I glanced at Scott with uncertainty.

"I need you to tell him to stop."

"Stop?"

"He bit someone else- Erica."

"Okay... whats the issue?"

"He can't be doing this!"

"Well He is the alpha I think he can. I mean he has that power."

"No! I mean he shouldn't."

"Why?"

"Because it isn't safe."

"So he isn't telling them about the Hunters?"

"No, he is."

"So they know fully well what they are getting themselves into?"

"They know as much as we did."

I sighed. "He's telling them the dangers beforehand, which is more than what we got. It's up to them at that point."

"You're siding with him?!"

"I'm not siding with anyone Scott! I'm just saying- Derek has been a werewolf way longer than either of us. He knows what he's doing- he knows a lot more. I trust him. I trust he knows what he's doing."

"You're putting a lot of trust in him."

"I think you need to have more trust."

"He's just doing this for power!"

"Is he?"

"That's why he killed Peter!"

I shook my head, pinching the bridge of my nose. "No, I'm the reason he killed Peter."

"What?"

"I asked him to not let you kill him. That he should do whatever it takes to protect your innocence. I didn't want blood on your hands!"

"So you had Derek kill Peter?!"

"I didn't think he'd kill him- I didn't know he'd become alpha! I just- you were set on the cure."

"You didn't want me cured?"

"That's not what I'm saying- I'm saying how much are you willing to pay for a cure? You're on Derek for what he's paying for power when you are willing to do the exact same for a cure. For what? Allison? Scott, you need to really think about your relationship with her. She is an Argent- she may be on our side for now. But family... is family."

"So you're not going to ask Derek to stop?"

I looked around and took a deep breath. "No. Whatever he's doing, I don't think he's doing it just whoever he sees. I believe he knows what he's doing and there's a reason he's picked the people he has. Plus right now with this new threat going around, I think we will need all the help we can get."

"To what? Kill it?"

"Scott... you were going to kill Peter for your relationship, please don't lecture me about killing right now. If killing it saves more lives then the one itself we have to suffer that decision."

Scott shook his head. "Derek's gotten in your head- you sound just like him-"

"Maybe because he's right?! Scott please just- for once look at the bigger picture! Think about someone besides yourself!"

"I am!"

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I'm thinking about the threat who may not even know is a threat- imagine going through that and everyone turning on you!"

"Scott there's only so much we can do. I'm not talking to Derek- you want to talk to him about it do it. Don't go through me." I opened my door. "I think it's time you go."