Chapter 92: Selfish Promise

Derek and I walked into the hotel room and I sighed, kissing him as he closed the door.

We definitely were overdue for some alone time.

I helped decorate our loft so Scott could have a date with Kira. It was my idea they have it there, I mean it have Derek and I an excuse to get a hotel. We technically didn't have a honeymoon so this was a first for us.

We had dropped the kids off at Jessie's, I swear that girl was an angel in disguise.

I continued kissing Derek, pulling back when I felt his attention wasn't fully on me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wrapping my arms lazy around his neck.

"Nothing," he lied, running his hands up and down my arms.

I cocked my head and studied him, my hands rubbing the base of his neck. He was lost in thought.
I pursued my lips.

"Hey," I whispered. "We're going to figure everything out. I promise. I will. But tonight, let's just have a normal night. Like two normal married couples who finally are away from their kids. Finally alone. Where they talk about being alone finally and all the things they want to do together before the nights up and they go back to being adults. Having to go to work, having to take care of the kids," I hummed. "No talk of work, or kids. Just us."

Of course our work was a bit... different. And our kids were something we never really wanted to be away from. However I would make an exception for today. To have a normal day with Derek like a normal couple.

However, we weren't normal.

Something was bothering Derek more than just him being marked for death.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering if he'd answer.

He finally looked at me. "It's just a feeling," he started. "About Scott."

He didn't want to ruin our night together I knew it, but I also knew he cared about the people in our lives too.

I nodded. "Let's go then," I lightly smiled.

As soon as we checked into the hotel we had checked out and were heading back.

We walked into the loft and saw that everything was in shambles.

I quickly called Stiles to get over here while the two of us looked for Scott and Kira.

Derek and I finished our search when Stiles and his dad walked in.

"What the heck happened?" Stiles asked.

"It was supposed to be a date," Derek answered and I glanced at him.

"They were both here?" Sheriff asked.

"And they're both gone," I sighed

Stiles quickly answered his phone that started ringing putting it on speaker. "Hey."

"Scott's been taken," Lydia said.

"Scott and Kira. We just don't know where."

"Mexico. And if you want to save his life, that's where you're going too," Deaton answered on the other end of the line.

I sighed. So much for a normal day. At least I've never been to Mexico so that was something new.

Stiles and his dad left, leaving the two of us with just a mess and thoughts.

Derek called Braeden over who dropped off some firepower before leaving tomorrow.

"I still don't like relying on these things," Derek said as I cleaned up, studying the table.

I stood up, picking up bigger pieces of glass.

"I know. You miss your powers. I would, too," I said, throwing the pieces in the trash and gently rubbing his arm.

"It's not about power, it's about being able to help," he started and I stopped working and stepped in front of him.

"I don't like feeling helpless. I'm human."

I stared in his eyes and kissed him. "You're not helpless. Does Braeden and Stiles look helpless?" I asked.

"She's a much better shot than me and Stiles..." he looked away.

I lifted myself to sit on the table, gently guiding his chin so he looked at me.

"Do you really think you won't be coming back?" I asked in a whisper, barely able to get the words out.

He studied me. His eyes were serious and sad. "Not alive."

"I'm not okay with that. I'm not just going to just accept this!" I said.

"I am. If it saves Scott and Kira."

"No," I said firmly pressing a finger to his chest. "You're going to make it back with Scott and Kira. Understand?" I asked, blinking tears away.

He slowly nodded, cupping my face and I kiss him quick and needy.

He pulled away and glanced at the table and I pulled his face back to my gaze.

"I'm usually begging you to do something to save people.... right now," I started, running my fingers over his face, trying to memorize every feeling, every touch, and emotion from him. "Right now I'm begging you selfishly to save yourself. Whatever it takes.... I need you to come back to me."

He slowly wiped a tear that slipped down my cheek, stepping closer and wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his forehead on mine.

"Please Derek..." I begged. I didn't care how selfish I was being. I couldn't come back without him. I didn't care who died as long as Derek was safe. I didn't care about anyone the way I cared about him. I could make it through losing everyone as long as he was beside me. But having everyone beside me and not having Derek there would kill me.

"Okay," he whispered, gently kissed me.

"Promise me," I whispered, cupping his face.

He stared at my eyes. "I promise," he whispered.

However death was not something you could just promise that it would never touch you.

Death played by its own rules, no matter how ruthless and cruel it was, and not even a promise could stop its game.

Love Under The Moonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें