Chapter 90: Is this it?

Derek I drove the location Scott had told us.

Satomi's pack had been attacked.

We arrived at what looked to be a warehouse where they were hiding out.

Derek I ran into the building and met Scott and Kira there and I saw the pack was cleaning their wounds and assessing what to do.

"They'll be okay," Scott said.

I looked at him and wondered if they actually would be okay. How does one recover from this?

"They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters," Derek said.

"That's why I called you."

"Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either."

I took his hand slowly and felt him intertwine our fingers.

"That's why they called me," Braeden said, walking in.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?" Kira asked.

I was hoping the same thing, however my gut told me something different.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden asked.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it," Scott answered.

"What if there is no stopping it?" One of the teenagers, Brett, asked. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

I worried about the same thing. We could possibly on the run for our whole lives now. I didn't want to live like that. I couldn't. 

"Then let's send a message," Derek started, taking the middle of the room. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool."

It was bold, it was another reminder of why I loved this man and married him.

He glanced at me and I nodded, standing beside him.

We then started help cleaning up the wounded teens.

I saw a young teenager girl who was bleeding and went to her.

"Hello, I'm Elizabeth," I greeted.

"Darcy," the girl said as I looked over her wounds, grabbing the first aid kit we had brought with us.

"It's nice to meet you," I said.

"I just wish it wasn't in these conditions," Darcy responded.

"I know."

I gently cleaned her wounds, bandaging them up.

"You have experience," Darcy noted.

I softly smiled, of course I did, glancing at Derek who was talking with Scott, Chris, Satomi, Braeden, and Brett.

"What makes you say that?" I smiled, looking back at her.

"Everyone else gets them too tight," she smiled. "How long have you been a werewolf?"

"Oh.." I sighed, looking up, doing the math. "Almost five years."

"How long have you been married?"

"Four and a half years," I smiled, glancing at Derek as he stood there, arms crossed.

"He's okay with you being a werewolf?"

I glanced back at Darcy. "He's one too."

"But he said.."

"He just lost his powers."

"How does one do that?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out."

"Do you have any kids?"

I was about to answer when Kira asked for help with another wounded teen.

I smiled at Darcy and followed Kira when I heard an explosion.

I turned quickly, met with a fist to my jaw. I tumbled over in shock and held my jaw.

I looked up and saw Darcy standing over me as others came flooding into the building, gunfire and roars filling my ears. She was one of them. She led them to us. I helped her!

She pointed a gun at my face and I quickly grabbed it, pulling on her arm, sending her off balance into my fist. She wrapped her arms around my waist, tackling me to the ground.

I shoved my weight to the side, rolling so I was on top of her, I punched her with all my force, knocking her unconscious. I then felt a sudden pain in my shoulder. I roared, I was shot.

I turned and slashed at the two who were now on me. I took the amateurs down and tried seeing through the smoke.

"Derek!" I yelled. I may be shot, but I would heal, Derek wouldn't. I needed to know he was safe. My heart clenching in my chest at being separated and he might be hurt.

I saw him, gun up and firing. I ran to him, slashing whoever got in my way and reached him.

I covered his back as we slowly became surrounded.
This couldn't be it, this wouldn't be it. I saw Braeden and Chris fighting with their guns, Scott and Kira fighting together. There were too many of them, we were out numbered and losing what little we had.

"Derek-" I started.

"Don't," he stopped me firmly.

I did stop even though I wanted to say what I needed to say. I needed it to be the last thing I say to him if this was it.

I heard a beeping and saw everyone look at their phones. Whatever it said, made them leave, one at a time.

I stood there shocked. What just happened?

One minute we were almost dead, the next they were leaving. Just like that.

Was it over?

"That's it?" Kira asked, blood coming from a cut on her forehead.

I looked at Derek.

Was that really it?

Stiles and Malia succeeded.

They stopped the Deadpool.