Chapter 66: First Priority

We searched the whole school and didn't find anything. I crossed my arms in frustration.

"Where could he be?" I asked.

Just then Derek's phone rang.

"Find him?" He answered.

He was silent as he listened. He then hung up.

"He's been found, they took him to the hospital."

I sighed in relief and we headed quickly headed to the hospital.

We arrived and saw the twins in the parking lot by his Jeep.

"Got any spark plugs? His Jeep is dead."

Derek opened the trunk and grabbed his plugs.

One secret thing about Derek that he never showed to anyone was he was a complete car nerd.

He bought me our Toyota Jeep when M'Lynn was born and explained how great it was and all the details about it while it all went over my head.

It honestly was endearing. I could listen to him talk about one of his passions for hours. He also was constantly fixing up his Camaro, which I could watch him all day as he explained everything to me.

"So, you think he was just sleepwalking?" Ethan asked.

"Or is there something more to it?" Aiden added.

"In this town there's always something more," Derek replied, popping the hood up on the Jeep.

"What if I told you I know something more?" Aiden said.

Derek looked at him, raising his eyebrows.

"I kind of overheard- Well, I listened in on Stiles talking to Scott How he thinks he was the one who wrote that message in the Chemistry room. The message telling Barrow to kill Kira."

"You think Stiles, skinny, defenseless, Stiles is the Nogitsune? A powerful, dark spirit?"

"I'm not the only one thinking it."

I looked down as Derek glanced at me and I slowly looked at him. He looked back at the twins.

"I'm just the only one saying it," Aiden continued.

"This thing wants to possess someone and chooses Stiles? Why wouldn't it take someone bigger, stronger? Someone with a little more..." Derek trailed off as he looked at his spark plugs, touching them together causing a spark. "Power."

"Maybe it did, we don't know... a lot has happened and the whole Nematon. Also it might be something we don't know," I reasoned.

"Sure, if you say so," Aiden said, as the twins walked away.

I sighed and rubbed my arms. "What are you thinking?" I asked.

Derek looked at me. "I think Kira has more to do with this than we think."

I rubbed the back of my neck and nodded. "He really is, isn't he?"

"We don't know for sure. Could be a false alarm."

I nodded.

"Come on, we should get home."

I looked back at the hospital.

"We will visit him tomorrow, okay? His dad will want to see him."

I nodded. "Okay."

Derek wrapped his arm around my waist and led me to the passenger side and opened my door and let me in.

We got into the loft and I relaxed.

Derek put the kids to bed downstairs and then he came to me and gently placed his hand under my chin.

I relaxed even more under his touch.

He quickly picked me up and carried me to the bed, gently setting me down on it.

He gently lifted the covers over me and I quickly fell asleep.
~
I slowly woke up with a yawn and turned and saw Derek wasn't next to me.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, getting up.

I heard Derek talking in the living room.

I walked in and saw him with Erik.

Erik was cooing as Derek listened and replied telling him about things.

I smiled and Derek looked at me and smiled.

"Good morning," he smiled, coming over and kissing my cheek.

"Morning," I smiled.

Derek placed Erik in his bassinet and turned to me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, his fingers brushing mine.

I looked at him slowly. "Nothings wrong... I.."

He waited for me to find my words.

I intertwined our fingers and he wrapped his free hand around my waist.

"I think if Stiles is... the nogistune..."

"I already called Cora, she agreed to take the kids until we take care of the nogistune."

I let out a small breath I'd been holding.

"She's going to meet us half way today."

I slowly nodded. The last thing I wanted was to be separated from my children but it was safer for them.

We had their room secured from humans and more than humans, so no one could get in or out without a code. However the only two people we trusted with that code besides each other was Stiles and Scott for safety measures - which now was backfiring.

"And we won't tell anyone?" I whispered.

He nodded. "First priority is keeping them and each other safe."