Chapter 53: Lunar Eclispe

I gently brushed my thumb over Derek's cheek as Cora gave him some water to drink.

"You're okay," He whispered, seeing Cora.

I quickly pulled away and stood up, keeping my distance.

"I'm doing much better than you are right now, and all because of you," Cora smiled.

"Hopefully not all for nothing," Peter said, crossing his arms. "The moon is rising, Derek. You drained your battery all the way to the red, and there is a fully charged Alpha on her way to rip you limb from limb."

"I'll be fine in a few hours," he said.

"I sincerely hope so, because a few hours is all that you have."

This was my cue.

I walked towards the door, leaving.

Cora was fine, I honestly don't know why I came back. What I hoped to fix was left even more in shreds.

When I reached the door and opened it I saw Lydia and Ethan standing there reading to knock.

I raised my eyebrows and Lydia looked at me.

"Ethan needs to talk to Derek."

I let them in and shut the door behind them as Peter, Derek, and Cora came to Lydia and Ethan.

"We know about the lunar eclipse.So don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field," Ethan said. "She's coming, and my brother's coming with her."

"Good enough for me," Peter said. "Derek?"

"You want me to run?" Derek asked, his arms crossed and he already looked like he was better. For not being an alpha he still had incredible endurance.

"No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an Alpha with a psychotic foot fetish. Of course I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way out of this town."

"If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me," Cora said. "But do it for something meaningful."

Derek glanced at me and I looked away. I knew he didn't have anything meaningful to fight for, Cora was healed.

"How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek asked.

"We don't, but I'll bet she has an idea," Peter said, looking at Lydia. "Don't you, Lydia?"

" I don't know anything," she answered, fearfully.

"But you feel something. Don't you? What do you feel?"

" I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard."

I felt my stomach flip in fear and I glanced at Cora and Derek.

"Where do we go?" Cora asked.

"I don't know," Derek said.

I was silent a moment. "My grandmothers? It's two hours away and they don't know about it, Jeniffer doesn't even know about M'Lynn does she?"

Derek looked at Cora. "It could work."

"Then do it," Peter said.

Derek looked at Peter and nodded.

We agreed Peter would just stay at his apartment and Lydia and Ethan would be distraction while we got away.

We were about a half hour away when we heard a scream that made my heart drop to my feet. "What was that?" Cora asked, looking at Derek who pulled over.

"Lydia. We have to go back," he said, turning the car around.

We got back to his loft and we sprinted up the stairs and opened the door and saw Kali laying in a pool of blood while the twins were in their morphed form laying lifeless.