Chapter 94: Beserk

Derek finished chaining Liam in the van. "All good?" He asked.

Liam slowly nodded, pulling at the chains that held firm.

"Okay. I brought something to help you," Derek said, showing him the triskelion. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon."

Stiles looked at Derek, confused. Derek glanced at him and jutted his chin out, nodding his head to the triskelion. 

Stiles caught on. "Yes, it's powerful. Very powerful," he said clearing his throat.

I wanted to laugh but Liam's breathing started to become heavy.

"Whatever you were gonna teach me... I think you better start," he growled.

I glanced at Derek when Liam roared.

"Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you," Derek quickly said.

"Okay. Okay, okay! What are the words?" Liam breathed.

"Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega," Stiles said.

"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another. Betas can become Alphas. Alphas can become Betas."

"Can Alphas become Omegas?" Liam asked and Derek nodded.

"All you have to do is say the three words. And with each one, you tell yourself you're getting calmer, more in control. Go ahead."

"Alpha, Beta..."

"Slower."

"Alpha... Beta... Omega... Alpha... Beta... Omega..." Liam groaned.

"Good. Say it again. Remember, every time you say the words, you're getting calmer."

"Alpha, Beta... Omega."

"Say it again."

"Derek, I don't think the powerful talisman of self-control is working," Stiles warned.

"Liam, say it again! Liam!"

Liam roared, his claws coming out.

"Derek?" Braeden asked as she drove the van.

"I think we're gonna need to go a little faster," Derek answered as Liam broke his chains and lunged forward and I jumped in front of Derek, holding Liam back. "Keep going!"

"Liam! Liam..." Derek and I tried reaching him as we held him back.

"We're almost there," Braeden said.

"Keep focus!" Derek said.

"Derek, I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resonating with him," Stiles said.

"You know any other mantras?!"

"Yeah. I do. Liam, Liam. What three things cannot long be hidden? Liam! Liam, look at me. What three things cannot long be hidden? What three things?"

"Sun... The moon... The truth."

"That's it. Say it again.

"Sun, the moon... The truth."

Liam relaxed and his claws retracted.

"Derek?" Braeden asked.

"We're okay."

"Sun... Moon... And the truth. I can't believe I did it. For a minute there, I thought I was gonna tear the three of you apart," Liam lightly chuckled.

I honestly thought the same.

"Yeah. That would've made for an awkward ride home. So, thanks," Stiles said.

"Think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?" Derek asked. 

Liam brought his claws out with control and smiled.

"All right. We might actually be able to do this," Derek smiled, opening the van doors.

It all happened so fast.

A berserker grabbed Derek, yanking him out of the van.