Chapter 48: You Need Me

I was working in the yard when my phone buzzed.
I checked it because I knew exactly because only one person texted me.

Stiles.

Stiles was the only one who kept me in the loop. He told me about Boyd's death after Derek had just left but he also told me that Kali gave Derek till the full moon to join the pack or she'd kill him because they think he killed one of theirs. However that was absurd of course.

"Somethings wrong with Cora," the text read and I jumped up and ran into the house.

"Laurel it's an emergency I need to go I won't know when I'll be back, can you please watch M'Lynn for just a couple days?"

Laurel nodded. "Please be safe."

I nodded and left. I drove hoping that I would make it in time.

This wasn't how it was suppose to happen.

Two hours later I ran into the hospital and I asked for her room number. I quickly walked and stopped when I saw Derek sitting next to her. She was awake but weak.

"And what's the delightful pleasure of you being here?" Peter said behind me.

I glanced at him and I knew he knew.

"Are you going to tell him?"

I glanced at Peter. "Not yet."

"I'm talking the bigger picture."

"I have to... this wasn't the plan Cora wasn't suppose to be involved."

"You didn't add this problem to the equation or how to solve it?"

"No," I answered, pursing my lips.

"This was a big risk, doing all this and not telling him."

"You can not tell him. It has to be me." I sighed and crossed my arms. "He's never going to forgive me."

"You're a Hale. He can't blame you for your strategies. It's all falling into place how you anticipated."

"Except right now."

I left and headed to the loft and waiting for Derek who Peter would be sending back eventually if he wasn't telling him everything, spinning it his way.

I heard Derek walk in and I stood up.

He stiffened and slowly turned and looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"How's Cora?"

"How do you know about her?"

"Stiles."

Derek sighed. "Not good."

I bit my lip and took a deep breath. "We need to talk."

Derek didn't say anything so I began.

"I know who is doing the killings. Please just hear me out and trust me- I know I haven't given you much reason to lately but please... please trust everything I say. It's Jennifer. It all happened months ago when I was picking M'Lynn up from Jessie's. I saw a picture and Jessie told me that her adoptive parents had a daughter who died in high school before they adopted her. Then the night of the full moon and rescuing Boyd and Cora... the teacher I saw her and I recognized her but I couldn't place it till I picked M'Lynn up again. I put the pieces together and came up with a plan... I left because I needed you to trust her. Deucalion wants her dead, she needs you to defeat Deucalion and keep her safe. Everything fell together when you kicked Isaac out giving me an excuse for leaving. I was going to wait till this was all over.."