Chapter 56: Missing

The sound of the clock ticking on my watch annoyed me.

I couldn't help but count each second, which turned to minutes, then hours.

He was late.

That's what I told everyone.

They accepted the lie, but seemed to find it strange, yet they made excuses in their minds. Just like how I was.

I sighed, it was past midnight and the kids were asleep already and the wrapping paper was picked up and the cake was eaten.

He missed it.

I sat at the table, tapping my finger nail anxiously.

Maybe now he'd walk through the door?

Maybe he just got held up?

I checked my phone again and still no reply.

I put my phone down and rested my hands on my eyes and sighed. I ran my hands through my hair and looked at my watch one more time.

I then grabbed my phone and dialed.

"Hello?" Isaac answered.

"Hey, could you do me a huge favor and come watch the kids?"

"Derek still isn't home?" Isaac asked.

I sighed. "Not yet, I just need to make sure nothing is wrong."

"Alright I'll be over in ten minutes."

"Great thanks."

I hung up and changed out of my sundress into jeans and a T-shirt, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

I grabbed my phone and keys, slipping my shoes on when Isaac walked in.

"Thank you, help yourself to anything in the kitchen, I'm not sure when I'll be back so you can call Jessie and she can babysit. Everything is in the diaper bag and Erik gets fussy after he wakes up so you have give him his binkie. Um.." I trailed off, looking around, wondering if I was missing anything.

"I got it, I'll call Melissa if I have issue," Isaac said.

"Thank you," I said, wrapping my arms around him.

I said goodbye to M'Lynn and Erik, grabbed my keys and then I walked out, closing the door behind me.

I got in the Camaro and felt the leather steering wheel, taking a deep breath.

I inserted the keys and then started the engine.

It's been awhile since we drove this with having kids, yet I wouldn't let Derek get rid of it. I remembered all the stupid little fights as we drove, begging him to drive faster in the moonlight feeling the thrill of it. I remember all the talks and all the make out sessions.

I drove to the police station and walked in.

I was about to walk into Stilinski's office when I was stopped.

"Whoa, you can't go in there," a voice said.

"And why not..." I looked at his name tag. "Parrish?"

He smirked. "It's the sheriff's office."

"Exactly, I need to speak with him."

"About what?"

"Something."

"Sheriff is gone. You can speak to me though."

I sighed and shifted my weight from one leg to the other, crossing my arms.

"It's about my husband.. Sheriff knows him and I just wanted to say that if he sees him that he needs to call me."

"Is your husband in danger?"

"No," I answered quickly, hoping that was true.

"Is he missing? What is your name?"

"Elizabeth, and no, I'm sure he just got a flat on the way home. Stupid old tires. He's just running late and so I thought maybe you could use your little radio system to contact Stilinski and let him keep an eye open if he does see him."

"Alright."

"Great thanks, gotta get back to the kids."

I left and drove to the next place where I could possibly get help.

I knocked on the apartment door and Allison answered, sleepy and hair a mess.

"I'm sorry to bother you, I need to speak with Chris."

Allison let me in and I sat on the couch and waited for Chris who came out in five minutes.

"Elizabeth, what's the problem?"

Of course he'd know there was a problem especially this time of night.

"Derek's not home yet. I know, it's not a very big deal but he promised me he wouldn't miss M'Lynn's birthday and he never breaks a promise and he isn't home yet. I haven't been receiving texts or calls from him."

"I think I have someone who can help you."

Chris wrote something on a paper and handed it to me. A phone number.

"What's this?"

"A number to someone who could possibly help you."

"Who?"

"Deucalion."

"Why Deucalion?"

"Because I have other matters at the moment and the next best person to find a werewolf is him."

I sighed and stood up. "Thank you."

He nodded at me and I left, getting in the car and dialing the number. 

"Well hello, I thought I'd never get the pleasure of hearing from you Mrs. Hale," he answered.

"You know something?" I asked.

"I know your husband is missing along with that unpleasant uncle of his."

We can agree on something, great.

"Meet me," he said.

"Where?"

"Where it all started and where it ended."

I rolled my eyes at his stupid riddle, hanging up and starting the car.

I pulled into the warehouse and got out.

"You're a lot smarter than given credit," Deucalion mused. "You would've made a great addition to my pack."

I smiled annoyed. "Don't think so."

"It's not everyday someone outsmarts a dark Druid and I."

"Predicability."

"You learn that from your father?"

I stepped closer. "What do you know about him?" I growled.

"Enough. Enough to know your just like him, smart, strategic, gifted liar and....anger."

I pursed my lips. "That's enough."

"I see why Derek likes you. You're a fighter like him."

"I said enough."

"But what makes you so sure it wasn't Derek's turn to run away this time?"

I took a step back, feeling like I'd been shot.

"Derek wouldn't do that," I whispered forcefully.

"Are you so sure?" He asked, stepping closer, studying me.

I lifted my chin and stared right back. "Yes," I answered firmly.

"Than I have woman perfect for the job. However we have to pay a pretty penny."

"Derek is worth more than any amount of money to me."

"Tsk, Derek is a lucky man then."