Chapter 36: A Plan All Along

"Derek road!" I shouted as he almost drove us off the road and he swerved and put us back in our lane and I gripped the seat.

"What?" He asked, quickly glancing at me.

"I believe she said that's she's pregnant," Peter said.

"I didn't want to tell you like this but-"

"How long have you known?"

"A couple weeks, since Matt and the jail."

Derek didn't say anything and he kept his eyes on the road.

I stared out the window.

I couldn't tell if he was happy or not.

I played with my fingers, anxious and worried.

I hadn't really excepted it myself but saying it loud made it all real.

I didn't know the first thing about being a mother, let alone one to a werewolf.

Derek said being born a werewolf is different from being bitten. I had no idea how different though.

Derek and I never talked about children. I don't think it was honestly on our minds because of all the chaos happening.

How would we even handle a child in the mix of all this? Did he even want kids?

I heard many guys didn't, they didn't like that level of commitment and just ended up leaving.

So many scenarios ran through my head.

All I knew was I needed Derek to be in them. I needed him to be there.
~
We parked halfway and Peter and I went to the side as Derek ran and did a flip as Scott and Isaac stood there, Chris standing there.

"Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance," Peter said, rolling his eyes.

"Look who's talking," I mumbled.

"I'm here for Jackson," Chris said. "Not you."

"Somehow, I don't find that very comforting," Derek replied. "Get him inside," Derek ordered Scott and Isaac.

"Where are they?" Scott asked.

"Who?"

" Elizabeth, Peter, and Lydia."

Derek didn't answer and unzipped the black body bag Jackson was in.

"Hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him," Scott said as Derek's claws came out.

"We're past that."

"What about-"

"Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No," Chris said, making Derek perk up. "No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not," Gerard said coming from behind. "Anything that dangerous, that out of control, is better off dead. Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

I almost ran forward but Peter grabbed my arm.
"First you are here to protect me, second may I remind you why you're not fighting in the first place?"

I glared at him and when I turned back I saw Derek about to slash Jackson's throat.

Jackson reacted and his claws entered Derek's chest.