Chapter 84: Marked

The days went by and Derek and I didn't talk to each other and barely even looked at one another.

He'd leave for hours on end and I wouldn't know where he was.

I never asked. I didn't know if I honestly cared. I didn't know if I wanted to know.

The only time I saw Derek the least bit happy he was playing with the children. This relieved me a bit. At least he still loved them and didn't ignore them because they were a part of me or to hurt me.

I pushed my father out of my mind. The more I tried not to think about him, the more the memories came back.

I spent nights where I couldn't sleep, I debated visiting Melissa about my hand that wouldn't stop shaking. I decided not to, I'd have to tell her what's going on, and then she'd tell Scott.

Some nights I woke up screaming, which I hated because I knew Derek heard, yet he chose to ignore.

Maybe he thought I was acting. Maybe he knew I wasn't, but he hated how I leaned on my fathers abuse as a crutch. However the nightmares started having Derek in them.

Were my nightmares all a crutch?

Did that explain why my claws sometimes came out uncontrollably?

Today had been no different. Derek came home after I fed and put the kids to bed.

I was in the bedroom. Instead of hearing him walk up the stairs to the spare bedroom I heard more footsteps walk in.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead," I heard Lydia ask.

"Well, they should be gone," Derek said. 

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone," I heard Parrish said.

Parrish? What was he doing here?

I bet Derek was glaring at him.

"Not if you're like us," Scott replied.

"Like you?"

"I don't think he's like us," Derek said.

I debated walking out there but I sat on the bed and listened. 

"Then what is he?" Lydia asked.

"Sorry, but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson being a Kanima and Kira being a kitsune," Scott said.

"This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

Argent was back?

How much information was Derek keeping from me? Refusing to talk to me about it. 

"I don't know where he is."

"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary?" Parrish asked. "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?"

"Psychic?" Derek asked.

"Yeah. Not exactly," Scott said.

"Okay. Then what are you?"

"Scott, Derek, and Elizabeth are werewolves. Derek being the only born werewolf which is why we come to him, cause he basically knows everything. Elizabeth is like the mother of the pack, so don't do anything stupid or make her mad. And I'm is a true alpha, fancy name for meaning very rare. Kira is a kitsune, fancy name for fox, and Lydia is a banshee, and they predict death," Scott explained.