Chapter 82: The Benefactor

We went over to the police station and walked into Stilinski's office.

Derek placed the glove on his desk and explained what happened.

"I still don't get ho this guy has no mouth. How can he eat?" Stilinski asked.

"Peter didn't get a chance to ask. Elizabeth was fighting him off while Peter had a tomahawk buried in his chest," Derek remarked.

"Who runs around with a tomahawk?" Stilinski asked.

"I carried one for IED removal in Afghanistan. It's military. And so is that," Parrish said walking in.

"Do you know what it's used for?"

"Well, this one looks like it's been modified."

"Show us," Stilinski replies, shutting his office door.

Parrish sat down at the computer and started typing.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to find an IP address. Okay, I think I got an IP address."

"That means we can find him, right?" Stilinski asked.

I got closer to the computer.

"Definitely. Especially if..."

The glove made a noise and moved and I stepped away from it, Derek gently placing a hand on my back as I shifted.

"What was that?" Derek asked.

"I think I found a message. Does anyone recognize the handle "Benefactor"?"

I looked at the computer screen and Derek's hand fell away from my back.

"Money transferred. What does that mean?" Derek asked.

"That means this guy is not just a killer. He's an assassin," Stilinski said.

I looked at Derek and then at Parrish and Stilinski.

"He's at the school," Parrish said.

"You're sure?" I asked.

"It's the IP address he used, so he had to at least connect to it."

"Let's go," Derek said as him and Stilinski started to head towards the door.

Parrish looked at me. "Should you really be going? It could be dangerous."

I raised my eyebrows, as I took Derek's hand.

Parrish looked at Derek who was glaring back.

"Come on Derek, we need to hurry," I said, placing a hand on his bicep.

Derek turned and followed me out.

That was weird.

We drove to the school and Derek eyed me the whole time.

"You know, just because this guy connected to the school's WiFi, doesn't mean he's still here," Derek said as we walked in and I looked at him confused.

"True. But I've seen enough in this school to keep my gun in hand when walking in after dark," Stilinski replied and we slowly walked forward. "Like blood."

There was blood coming out of the doors in one of the rooms.

"That doesn't make sense," Derek said.

"Yeah, no kidding."

"That's not what I mean. I should've caught the scent before we walked in."

"You didn't?" I whispered.

"You did?" He asked.

I looked at him. "Yes."