Chapter 18: Hale House

We walked into the boys locker room after cutting out the power.

"What the- Oh! Thank goodness!" Scott said, seeing Derek.

I stood behind Scott as I knew Peter was on his other side, I clenched my fists not liking this at all.

"Where have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" Scott asks Derek who didn't reply.

" I really don't get lacrosse," Peter said, picking up one of the sticks and revealing himself.

"It was you-"

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict. Do I have that right? Well I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it."

"I'm not helping you kill people."

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones."

"And that doesn't have to include Allison," Derek added.

"You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?"

"It was a mistake."

"He didn't know," I added, the only part of the story I believed.

"What?" Scott asked, turning to me.

"It happens," Derek noted.

"You are seriously defending them?" Scott asked me. "You've always just been a lapdog for Derek."

I held my hand up. "Scott, I'm the one who's keeping you alive right now if you decide not to join."

I looked at him, almost begging him. I was trusting Derek on all this. I didn't like it, I didn't agree. But I trusted Derek, perhaps blindly, but something inside me hoped this was one of Derek's move. Maybe he just was siding with Peter for now and was trying to get the upper hand.

"Scott I think you're getting the wrong impression of us," Peter added. "We really just want to help you reach your full potential."

"By killing my friends."

"Sometimes the people closest to you can be the ones holding you back the most, Elizabeth knows all about that don't you?"

I looked away.

"If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job Iike you I'm okay with that."

"Maybe You could try and see things From my perspective," Peter said, taking his claws and sticking them in Scott's neck.

Derek looked at Scott and then at me as Scott fell. I bent down and made sure he was okay.

I pursed my lips and making sure Scott was okay, I followed the two out.
~
I was walking in the woods with Derek and Jackson.

Luckily Peter wasn't here so I felt a little bit better.

At the same time Derek wasn't telling me anything.

"Do you know what you're doing?" I asked him, only receiving a glance.

"Derek, I hope you know what you're doing."

He didn't reply and I huffed and caught back up with Jackson.

"This is it? This is the place?" Jackson asked as we arrived at the Hale house.

"Go ahead," Derek said.

I looked between the two and I stared at Derek hoping he would tell me something- like what were we doing here? Why does he have Jackson? Why is he siding with Peter? What was his plan?