Chapter 57: She-Wolf

I heard the music before I entered the building, and that was when I wasn't trying to use my powers.

I stepped out of the Camaro and pulled the skirt down of my red dress that clung to my body. I had planned on wearing this on our anniversary but we ended up spending it separated. Not exactly how I planned, nothing ever happened like I have planned.

I took a deep breath and pushed my shoulders back and lifted my chin.

I walked into the club with confidence.

The music blared and I walked over to the bar, where she was, just like Deucalion said she would be.

I took the seat next to her and ordered a sangria and noticed she had a beer.

"Why don't we get started?" I asked, glancing at her.

She looked at me and sighed. "Very well, usually I'm the one to start the conversation."

"Well I'm not one to wait around."

"Great, then let's get to business. This is my price," she said, sliding a napkin to me.

"I don't care about price."

"Perfect. So what's the job?"

"Helping me find and rescue my husband."

"You seem capable enough, why do you need me?"

I took a sip of my drink. "If you don't want to help I will go on my own, however that would be stupid. I don't know how many men are holding him. Or it could be a trap and I may need a human."

"You're smart... and I like you, so I'll help you."

I stood up. "Great," I said, offering my hand and she shook it.

"When do we start?" She asked.

"Now."

"And your name?"

"Elizabeth."

"Braeden."

I nodded. "Shall we?" I asked.

She took one my swig of her beer and then we left.

We got into the Camaro and I buckled.

"So I was right? She agreed?" Deucalion asked from the back seat.

"Yes," I answered driving off.
~
Braeden and I sped around the building as they shot at us.

I quickly looked at Braeden and nodded, slamming on the breaks and she jumped out and I followed.

I grabbed the gun the man was holding in front of me and I yanked it away and shoved it back into his face, knocking him down.

I shot his foot and sighed. "That's for shooting the car," I said, walking away.

I dodged the next guy who swung at me and I grabbed his arm and swung him over my back.

I kicked the other guy as he stumbled back I heard a gunshot and I fell to one knee and yelled in pain.

I pulled the bullet out of my calf and turned, showing my fangs.

I charged and clawed at him and he blocked with his gun.

He fired but missed, nicking my shoulder, I head butted him and he fell to the ground.

I huffed and saw Braeden shooting a guy down.

I ran towards the door and kicked the guy guarding it, knocking him out and I opened it and grabbed the guy on the insides gun.

I punched him and he fell to the ground out cold.

I huffed and straightened my jacket and turned and saw Derek, shirtless, hands chained above his head on a metal gate. Just like when Kate kidnaped us.

Derek looked at me shocked.

"Don't look so surprised," I said, smirking and grabbing the keys from the unconscious guard. "I told you I'd hunt you down." I finished, teaching him and looping my fingers in his belt loops. "You okay?" I whispered, studying him for injuries.

We hadn't seen each other in months. I felt butterflies and sparks all over again.

I unlocked his his hands and he quickly cupped my face, kissing me.

I melted under his kiss and wrapped my arms under his, my hands resting on his shoulder blades.

He pulled away, his forehead resting on mine.

"So much for needing me," he whispered.

"Oh shut up and kiss me," I smiled and kissed him again, his arms wrapping around my waist and standing to full height, which lifted me off my feet.

"Would you mind saving the make out till we get home?" Peter asked and I looked at him as Derek still held me.

Derek placed me on my feet and I glanced at him as Braeden walked in.

"You're the girl who saved Isaac," Derek said.

"I'm the one who was hired to save Isaac," she answered.

"Someone hired you to save us?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, I did," I answered. "Thanks to Deucalion."

Derek looked at me surprised again, which made me feel proud. It wasn't easy to leave Derek speechless.

"So are you going to get me down?" Peter asked.

"I wasn't hired to save you," Braeden answered.

"That's true," I added.

"So I'd be fine leaving you for dead."

"Same," I agreed.

"When did I come to this reputation?" Peter asked.

"When you decided to almost kill Derek - twice-, Scott, and Allison," I answered, taking a step towards him but Derek gently grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

Peter rolled his eyes. "So I made a few bad choices."

I clenched my fist and Derek placed his hand on my lower back.

He pulled me away and pressed me against the wall.

"You shouldn't be here," he whispered.

"Why?" I asked.

"They're looking for a She-Wolf," He answered, placing his hand on my hip.

"Me?" I asked. "Why?"

"I don't know, but we need to get you out of here. I just need one thing."

He grabbed my hand and brought me back to the group.

Braeden had released Peter who grabbed his decapitated finger.

"Let's get out of here," Braeden said.

"We're not leaving without it," Derek said.

"Without what?" She asked.

I glanced at Derek I was in the dark as well.