Chapter 83: Fighting Never Solves Anything

I was awoken by a call. I must've been asleep for only an hour.

It was to get to the animal clinic.

Derek and I left without a word together and arrived at the clinic.

They brought in a teenager and set him on the table.

"What the heck is happening to this kid?" Stiles said, trying to hold the kid down with Derek.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible." Derek said.

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?"

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek said, eyeing Scott who was also helping.

I quickly started helping by trying to hold the kids legs down.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," Deaton said.

"Thanks for the boost of confidence," I snapped.

"Derek, he's slipping. I don't think I can hold him. Ah!"

We all backed away as the kid jumped up and started to run away but was hit by Peter, knocking him out, as he walked in.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," Peter said.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little," Derek remarked and I looked over and saw three scratch marks still on Derek's forearm.

He should be healing by now.

"Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing. Is he okay?" Stiles said.

Deaton came over quickly and made an incision and a cloud of yellow smoke cane out his chest.

"I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a while," Deaton said.

"Guys, can you hear that? I think he's saying something," Stiles said.

"The sun... The moon... The truth... The sun... The moon... The truth..." the kid repeated.

"Three things cannot long be hidden. The sun, the moon, and the truth. It's Buddhist," Deaton replied.

"Satomi," Peter said.

~

Derek waited til the afternoon to go hunt for Satomi and her pack. I knew he was because he went to the school and got Malia to help.

He didn't want mine. Obviously.

I didn't care either. I didn't want to be fighting.

I heard my phone ring and I answered.

"Hello?"

"Elizabeth?!"

"Jesse? What's wrong?"

"It's Seth, he was in a car accident on the way to work- it doesn't look good-" Jesse said between sobs.

"I'm on my way."

I quickly drove to the hospital and saw Jesse pacing in the waiting room.

"They won't tell me anything other than he's in surgery, because I'm not family even though I keep saying I'm his girlfriend I guess that doesn't matter!" She sobbed.

"Hey it's okay, he's gonna be okay."

"How do you know?"

"Because, he loves you."

Jesse rubbed her eyes and I noticed the new ring on her finger.

"He proposed last night," she smiled. "I was going to call but then this happened and... I might not even get to marry him."