Chapter 39: Painfull

Derek and I got Isaac home and sat him down.

I gently talked to him asking him about the girl but he couldn't really remember what happened.

I looked at Derek who had his arms crossed.

Issac rubbed the back of his neck.

"This isn't a fail," I said. "You still need to rest, I'm sure you'll remember."

"And the girl?" He asked.

"I'm sure she's fine, if she got you out she's obviously talented."

"Elizabeth is right," Derek said. "It might just take a couple days to remember. If you do though anything at all - even the smallest detail - let us know."

Isaac nodded and stood up and the two started to walk towards the table.

I got up and winced.

"Derek," I said quickly and Derek turned faster then lightning.

I looked at him, suddenly panicked. Derek's eyes were wide and I glanced down. I honestly didn't need to look to know my water had broken.

The worst timing ever.

Derek was at my side and he lifted me up and carried me to the bed.

"Isaac go get Melissa!" Derek shouted, but Isaac was already out the door.

I winced again as a contraction started.

"This isn't good, this isn't the right time-"

"In our situation, there's never a right time," Derek said.

I slowly nodded hoping Melissa would be here soon.
~
It had been six hours and Melissa still wasn't here.

Isaac came running in and out, apparently there was an emergency at the hospital and apparently I could have all night before I'm actually ready.

I really hoped right now that it wasn't all night.

The door opened and Peter came lounging in.

"What are you doing here?" Derek asked.

"I'm here for the birth of my great nephew or niece."

I felt another contraction and I glared at Peter. "Get. Out," I said.

I didn't need anyone seeing me like this.

Peter looked at Derek who shrugged. "You heard her," he said.

Peter rolled his eyes and walked out.

I rested my head on the wall and breathed in relief when the pain subdued for a little bit.

Isaac finally came back running in, almost as sweaty as I was, with Melissa at his side.

It had been a total of eight hours. Eight hours of excruciating pain and Derek pacing and taking some of the pain away to help.

Melissa quickly did a check up on me and then looked to see how far I progressed as she had Isaac grab supplies and sterilize them.

"Why don't we just take her to the hospital?" Isaac asked.

"Super healing," Melissa said. "She'd probably just burn through the epidural anyways without it helping. You're only seven centimeters dilated."

I groaned and gripped the bed as another contraction hit.

Melissa went to Isaac's side to help him sterilize and I tried breathing.

Derek sat at my side and gave me his hand.

I cried in pain. I still had a long ways to go.
"I can't," I sobbed. "Derek I can't... I can't take anymore!"

I saw Derek shift on the bed and he got up and left.

Melissa looked back at me and then the door and then Isaac in confusion.

"Where is he going?!" I asked.

Melissa quickly came to my side. "Everything's okay. It's okay, it's gonna be fine. You're doing great."

I shook my head and bit my lip, the back of my head resting on the wall against.

I focused my hearing to Derek's heartbeat, it was pounding.

I heard him talking with someone.

"Derek," Peter said.

"I can't," Derek's voice said, thick with emotion.

"I can't believe I'm going to say all this... she has been your biggest support even up to today. She's been by your side for over a year, your wife half that. I'm sure she's been feeling pretty useless the last few months but she has still been there as your support. Right now it's time for you to be her support. She doesn't need anything but you being there to help her through this. She will make it through this. She's too stubborn to leave you and the child without her. She's a Hale, she will pull through."

I couldn't hear anymore because I felt pressure and pain all at once.

"You're ready," Mellisa said.

"Derek!" I yelled.

I wasn't ready- I couldn't do this not without him.

"Derek!" I yelled again but he was already running through the doors and by my side.

Mellisa nodded at him and he looked at me.

"I can't," I said between gasps.

He held my hand I gripped it tightly.

"Talk to her," Melissa ordered.

"You can do this," he said, his voice cracking.

"No," I repeated, the pain was too much.

"Elizabeth on the count of three I'm going to need you to push," Melissa said.

I looked at Derek who nodded and I slowly nodded.
Three came to quickly and I pushed and I squeezed Derek's hand.

"Stop, stop!" Melissa said quickly. "The baby's breeched."

"What?" I asked. "Can't we turn it?" I asked.

"I can't if I had known before but it's too late I'm going to have to it now and quickly. Derek talk to her. It's going to hurt."

Derek rested his arm on the other side of me so he was all I saw. I never seen him more worried.

"You're doing great." He said, his other hand gently rubbing my shoulder. "Just a deep breaths."

"Derek," I smiled and before I could finish the sentence I gasped and gripped arm and cried in pain.

"I'm right here, it's almost done, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. Few more seconds," Derek kept saying.

"Okay, push!"

I pushed and I felt the pressure release and the pain subside.

I sighed in relief and then I heard a cry.

"Congratulations you have a beautiful girl," Melissa said, cleaning her up and then laying her on my chest.

I cried and smiled, looking at her and then Derek.
Derek beamed and he wouldn't tell anyone this but he had tears in his eyes.

I looked at her again, she had Derek's dark hair and eyes. She looked just like him.

I gently handed her to Derek who took her and studied her while Melissa made sure I was healing.

She slowly nodded. "Looks like everything is healing already... you will be tired for a few hours or days but then you should be fine. Does she have a name?"

Derek smiled at her in his arm. "M'Lynn Laura Hale."