28.

Seokjin's POV:

"Eomma? Eomma where are you?" I asked into the empty hallway that didn't change at all over the years.

At some places, time doesn't seem to pass. Just frozen.

"Eomma? It's me! Seokjin!" I tried to confidently and happily chirp, but I couldn't hide the slightly scared tremor in my voice.

Namjoon was at the end of the hallway, making sure, that nobody got lost... or whatever his excuse was.

I really wanted to hold his hand right now. It would have reassured me. But instead of his comforting warmth and his presence, that would catch me if I fall... I tried to tell myself that he stood right behind me, ready to back me up.

And it felt like Yoongi and Hoseok were ready to fight too... Those two rebels. I am pretty sure they prepared a whole speech if this wouldn't work out the way we hoped.

Gosh, what if it wouldn't work out the way we thought?

I gulped dryly, closing my eyes for a split second, encouraging myself, that I've come this far and that I could do it. I wasn't alone. I had my whole family by my side.

Yes. I was not alone.

The living room door in front of me was slightly opened, and the sun was beaming through the window, through the white embroidered curtains that somewhere had a chocolate pudding stain as I accidentally spilled it when I was around ten years old.

Enlightening the wooden floor and the soft crème-colored carpet where I spilled orange juice on it, wrestled with Seokmin for the TV remote and laid on for hours when I was playing with my old gaming console.

This house was full of half-forgotten memories.

So many that they were flooding over me, leaving me in a semi-trance.

The door still creaked as I moved it slightly in order to open it, making it impossible to sneak in the living room in order to play on the TV without permission.

My hand still resting on the warm wood I stared at the flowers on the window-shill, daffodils.

I blinked and got lost.

So, I didn't really realize the person that was sitting comfortably on the patterned couch, looking at me with big eyes in total disbelief.

"Did I die already? Seokjinnie, darling what are you doing here?" hearing the soft whisper of my mom calling me darling, let me choke up tears.

Slowly I turned around and stared at the aged face of my beautiful mother.

There were so many more wrinkles engraved in it, her hair turned gray over the time, not even the slightest make-up put on. Only her fingernails were still done in the most artistic way.

I couldn't believe that this aging woman was my mom, who always was so full of spirit, never sitting still and taking care of her looks every morning, ritually.

She always wore a faint lipstick, and eyeliner, letting her doe, dark eyes pop.

Nothing seemed as it was before.

She aged. She was still beautiful and her features remained the same. Yet, it was shocking to see her so bare. It let her look so vulnerable in my eyes.

"Eomma" I softly smiled but stayed stuck in my place. Not knowing if I was allowed to enter and come closer.

The air was tense and awkward, no one said anything while she seemed to drink in my features, wandering over my cupids bow, my cheekbones, analyzing the shape of my eyes, as if I was a stranger.