Spin off #2

Seokjin's POV:

"Baby! Baby where are you?" Taehyungs deep voice boomed through the hallway, startling me while I was stirring the sauce.

He was back home! He came back home.

Means Jimin was home too and Hoseok and Yoongi soon would follow. My heartbeat caught up and by now it was thumping wildly in my chest. Trying to escape and run towards my sons. I couldn't wait until my whole family was joined under the same roof once again.

It has been so awfully quiet the past years.

First, Yoongi left for college, then Hoseok did the same. Jimin and Taehyung graduated. Tae studying acting and Jimin wanted to become a teacher.

The only one who was left, was my Jungkookie, and to say that the youngest was hella bored, was an understatement.

Since he was very little, he always had a crowd of wild, mischievous and loud older brothers around him, who would drag him into the very middle of their diverse adventures. They would fight and complain, steal his toys and games, force him to eat his veggies, trying to get a raise out of him. Embarrass him in front of his friends, brag about him behind his back, tease the hell out of their youngest brother. And it was a given, that Jungkookie enjoyed all of it. No matter how hard and eagerly he was denying that fact.

Now that they were all gone, he couldn't stand the quietness and less trouble he could get into, so he always tried to call them or meet up with his Friends.

He barely was home, and I suspected it was because he couldn't stand the silence that made itself at home here.

It was looming in the hallway and creeping into every nook and cranny. I couldn't stand it as well, but I grew accustomed to it. But that didn't mean, that it didn't break my heart but by bit, that the content happiness was stolen from me. Heck, I even missed scolding my rascals and getting mad at them.

I wondered how bad it would be, once our Kookie would set off to college in two months on his own.

It was a thought that drove me mad.

I simply couldn't believe, that all my kids were grown up now and started their own lives. It was weird.

I also couldn't believe, that they all somehow turned out to be decent human beings, with actual goals in life and a bright future ahead.

I never thought all of us would survive the chaos. I swore on my holy spatula that one of us would die in the way. But, we all somehow made it.

Sure, we had ups and downs, but in the end, only happy memories remained and all the bad ones were forgotten or made fun of.

I still used the house party they threw years back in order to tease and embarrass my boys to the bone.

I loved to tell this story to Yoongi's various girl- and boyfriends he brought home. They all got a got laugh out of it and a heavily blushing Yoongi.

He turned out to be quite the hot topic in college and now work. Which was coincidentally the same place where Joon was an employee at.

Namjoon regularly reported about girls and boys swooning over our gruff and quiet son.

Apparently, that was a thing now.

Mysterious, they said.

Pfft, that brat...

(I just couldn't wait until he got married to finally cockblock him for once. Just like he did to us all that time. It was actually a big topic in my and Namjoon's evening bedroom talk, shortly before we would drift asleep. We were looking forward to that moment like two little kids to a trip to an amusement park.)