36.

Hoseok's POV:

It was eerily silent as Sehun answered the phone that was ringing loudly in one of his pockets.

Apparently, it was the police station and we all held our breaths hungry for updates.

All of us hoping that there were good news about Jimin.

Jungkook, who sat right next to me, squeezed my right hand with both of his. It hurt and my hand grew pale, but I ignored it, the pain somehow distracting me from all those thoughts that spun in my head like they were riding a funny carousel ride.

Just, that I didn't find it fun at all!

What if he lost a limb?

What if he died and was now laying in an alleyway, his pretty lips turned blue and his chubby, small figure curled up, hair disheveled as the last warmth left his flesh and his blood ran cold.

Oh god! I watched too many horror movies!

Jimin can't be dead.

All of a sudden, Sehun spoke up. Telling the police officer on the phone our temporary address and my parents' names.

What was going on?

Were we ordered now to identify the corpse?

Oh god! I wasn't ready for that.

Jungkook seemed to think the same because his grip on my hand intensified.

Yoongi's eyes stared over to me in pure concern and I tried to smile in his direction, trying to tell him that everything will be alright, but I guess it came out like a scary grimace.

Well, fuck.

Sehun said his thanks and then pressed the red button. Slowly he sank his phone on his lap and his gaze lifted up, staring each of us deeply into the eyes, seemingly all serious, scaring the shit out of us.

"They found him" he stated and everyone let out the breath they were holding.

"Is he alright?" Appa Jin sniffed, his voice all rawed up because of his constant crying and yelling.

I've never seen him this distraught before. It scared me too. I couldn't imagine the pain he had felt in fear of losing his firstborn.

I mean, losing a brother sounds hard, but imagine losing a child...

"it sounds like it. Friends of a colleague found him and informed him. They are on their way here." Sehun smiled and Appa Jin let out a shaky smile, what was even more blinding.

Somehow, he managed to look ethereal with his reddened nose and cheeks, his chapped up lips (thanks to biting them repeatedly) and glistening teary eyes.

Seeing him like this, I could see the truth in the saying beauty is pain.

"Thank god!" Yoongi then said, bringing his hands together and rubbing them repeatedly together, glancing to a mysterious spot on the ceiling and actually tearing up.

It seems like the knowledge that our brother was fine, let him realize the heaviness of this whole scenario.

"Thank you, Sehun, Thank you, officer Son." Appa Joon said and pressed Appa Jin close to him once again.

Only now I noticed how Appa Namjoon's skinny, pretty hands were trembling furiously.

Maybe he tried to hide it, as he held Appa Jin so tightly, trying to calm him down. Poor dad.