Keeping up Appearances

The car ride over the barrier bridge was uneventful, no one even really talked, I was just focused on what I would do when I saw Ben. I have to keep my emotions in check, I know I'm gonna wanna run up and kiss him and he would just hold me and tell me everything is alright. But, I know that can't happen, not with everyone watching at least. I rub my hand over the cheek my father burned, its all healed now, the diamonds on the mask have healing powers so, I don't have to worry about seeing Ben with a burned face. Even though it is healed it still hurts like hell, literally and figuratively.

We finally arrive at a place that I assume to be Auradon prep, because first of all we are Auradon and, second of all we are in front of a building that looks like a school. The driver stops the car in front of the building, there are a bunch of people in front of the building some who I recognize some I don't. But I think I'd rather just see people who I didn't know. The driver gets out of the car and walks around to  the door is and opens it. Hayden is the first to get out then Uma, then Hannah and Harry, then Holden, me and finally Gil. We all stand in front of all the people rather defensively just in case it was a trap.

"Welcome to all Auradon Prep." A lady dressed in a periwinkle dress steps it first to greet us. "I am Fairy Godmother headmistress of the school. I would like to introduce to you to King Ben, King Brian and Lady Mal." The three who she just introduced stepped forward.

"Really I thought they were clowns," Hannah said sarcastically, they all laughed I just kept my head down and avoided eye contact with everyone. I can feel Ben's eyes burning into my skull, but I still keep my head down. I wish were could have met in person under different circumstances because these are obviously not ideal.

"Welcome to Auradon this day has been a long time in the making." Ben says, he comes up to each of us and shakes each of our hands, he got to me I lifted my head up and met his eyes. I couldn't take my eyes off him it felt as if we were staring at each other's eyes for hours, some coughed and we snapped out of our trance. I put my head back down and he continues to shake everyone's hand they doing begrudgingly but they still do it to keep up the prasad.

"Thank you for accepting our warm invitation." Ben said as he finished shaking everyone's hand he goes back to where he was standing with his brother and Mal.

"Calling your own invitation warm kinda removes its feeling." Hayden states.

"Hayden don't be rude you are technically guests here." Mal says.

"Really Mal?" I say as I pick my head up.

"Elizabeth," Mal perks up and walks toward me, she grabs my hands in hers. Everyone took a step back from us scared of what was gonna happen next.

"My name is Lyza, not Elizabeth." I say as I take my hands out of hers. "Well well my older sister has done well for herself, Lady of the court dating a king, I couldn't be prouder," I say as I start to circle her.

"Glad I could be of service. But you can be good too, you coming here is the first step to being good. No one is truly evil."

"Speaking of truly evil, where is mom?"

"She is fine. How's dad?"

"Oh, you suddenly care?"

"I've always cared, about him, and all of you."

"Oh, you cared about us? You have a funny way of showing it."

"I brought you here didn't I."

"Mal, relax." Jay says.

"You wanted us here? Why?" Hannah asks, she grabs my arm and pulls me back towards her.

"Because your my family and I love you."

"Alright that's enough, now Evie you show the girls their room and I'll show the boys to theirs." Ben says as he gets in between Mal and me. I raise my eyebrow to him and he just shakes his head at me. Brian pulls Mal away and tries to calm her down.

"Follow me ladies." Evie says, we pick up our bags and follow her into the housing building. "You three will have a room together, and your schedules are on your beds." Evie says as we approach a door at the end of the hallway secluded away from other dorms. I'm not surprised, to be honest, they are scared of us. I open the door to the room to reveal a pretty pink princess room.

'I think I'm gonna puke." I say as I walk in the room, with Uma and Hannah behind me.

"Pink of all colors it had to be pink." Hannah says as she throws her bag on one of the beds.

"Well, what did you expect? We are in Auradon after all." Uma says as she throws her bag on the bed on the opposite side of the room.

"Well if they expect me to stay here it can't be pink." I say and I flick my wrist and the room fills with white smoke, once it dissipates the room is changed one-third of the room is blue, one third is white and the third one is green. "Much better." I say as I throw my bag on the bed in the middle.

"Um, excuse me." A little voice says I turn to where the voice is coming from a girl standing next to Evie.

"Lyza, Hannah, Uma this is Jane, King Ben's secretary." Evie states. I'm not gonna lie it did hurt to know that he had a girl for his secretary, jealousy is something I struggle with when it comes to Ben.

"The King wishes to have an audience with Lyza in his office." Jane says.

"Five minutes in Auradon and I'm already in trouble with the King. Well, I'd say today was a success." I state.

"I'll take you to him." Jane says.

"Lead the way."