Medicate

"Do I have to wear a dress to this party?" I whine as we reach the castle doors finally.

"You have to take that up with Evie."

"So then that's a yes." Ben laughs and I roll my eyes. We got to his room and cuddled up in his bed. I laid on Ben and traced his muscles with my fingers, and he played with my hair. We were content with just being with each other, it was silent but it wasn't awkward at all just nice.

"My parents are gonna be there tonight." Ben finally says breaking the silence.

"Oh?" I say slightly panicking.

"Your panicking aren't you?"

"Maybe slightly." I whisper.

"Look at me Baby girl." Ben moves my chin so I'm facing him. "They are going to love you. Mal has been talking to them about you since we first came up with the list of kids to come here. I also have told them how I feel about you and they are excited to meet you."

"You told your parents about me?" I smile and he does too.

"Of course I told them about the girl who I am madly in love with."

"That's sweet." I reply, he kisses my lips and I, of course, kiss back. We stop when we hear a knock at the door.

"Whose there?" Ben asks cautiously.

"It's Mal." The knocker replies and we both relax.

"Come in." I reply. Mal opens the door and walks into the room.

"I wanted to talk to you about something Lyza, but it's good your here too Ben." Mal says standing at the foot of the bed. "Ever since we had our first run-in I've tried everything in my power to help you. I made a vow to save you from your own darkness. And I feel like so far I have failed."

"No Mal you haven't." I got up from the bed and walked over to where she stood, I took both of her hand in mine and squeezed them reassuringly. "Believe me you have helped me in more ways you can imagine. You showed me that I don't have to be scared to love someone and receive love too." Tears started forming in my eyes and hers too.

"I know and I'm so glad you and Ben have each other. But I do know how you can be even happier." Mal lets go of my hands and gets something out of her bag. Its a glass vial with a blue liquid in it. "I've scoured every book on spells I could get my hands on. I found one in Mom's spellbook. If you drink this it will take away all of your bad memories with Father. You will only have good memories, and of course all your recent ones."

"How is this possible?" Ben asks slightly worried.

"Were twins and even though I haven't had the same experience as you I can still feel your emotions and memories. So using my DNA I can use it for you."

"So I won't remember any of the things that happened to me because of Father. But I'll remember everything else?" I question.

"Yes. Isn't that amazing?" She says excitedly, Ben comes up and stands next to me.

"Maybe this will be good you can move on and not live in fear of him." Ben chimes in.

"Yeah, I guess." I rub my arms nervously. "I need to think about it."

"Whats there to think about? You can finally be happy." Ben says, Mal nods in agreement.

"You won't have those voices in your head either. Here take this." Mal says putting the vial in my hands.

"I-I-I-I... I have to go." I run out of the room all the way to campus. I stop to catch my breath and stare at the vile in my hands. For so long I wanted to be rid of these memories but now that I have the solution to my problem I don't know what to do. I shove it back into my pocket and I start to sing.

I'm unwell, thanks for asking
Don't mind me 'cause I'm just passing by
In this life, been a while
Thought that you forgot, but that's alright
How've you been? Glad to hear it
Just one question if you can bear it
Do you ever miss me, too?
'Cause I spend my days still thinking of you

I walk by the bushes in front of the school looking at all the beautiful flowers there. Then I reach the statue of King Adam, as it was still in its man form I notice how much Ben looks like his father. I sit at the bottom and look at the vile again.

Should I take the pill to numb the pain?
Change the chemicals inside my brain
I worry I won't be the same
But I guess that that's the point

I open the vial and put it up to my lips I mean this is what I should be doing right. I need to be happy everyone else is. I look at it again and close it back up then put it back in my pocket. And continue singing.

Can you medicate a broken heart?
Make your tragedies a work of art
Medicate a broken heart
Build your walls up just to rip them apart
Is this the way to fix this or is this a quick fix?
I really couldn't say
Can you medicate, medicate, medicate it away?

Looking off in the distance I see the Isle the source of my misery and the pain starts in my chest. Remembering everything with my father. I get up and walk towards the school.

Doctor's smile, kill me with kindness
And don't ask about the side effects
Swallow hard, kills sadness with science
But the aftermath might make you sick

I go through the doors we first walked through almost threee weeks ago now. I think about how I was so intent on bringing this place down and listening to my father.

Should I take the pill to numb the pain?
Change the chemicals inside my brain
I worry I won't be the same
But I guess that that's the point

I walk up the stairs to where the girl dorms were and walk by where I only stayed on night and laugh.

Can you medicate a broken heart?
Make your tragedies a work of art
Medicate a broken heart
Build your walls up just to rip them apart
Is this the way to fix this or is this a quick fix?I really couldn't say
Can you medicate, medicate, medicate it away?

I go to walk in and see Evie to get the dress I am supposed to wear. But i had a thought there is someone who I need to talk to first.

Whoa, whoa
Oh, medicate it away
Whoa, whoa
Oh, medicate it away

I run back down the stairs out side over to where the boys dorms were and run up the stairs.

They say give yourself a break
They tell me to medicate
I don't wanna medicate

I run past people trying to get to where I needed to go.

Oh, can you medicate a broken heart?
Make your tragedies a work of art
Medicate a broken heart
Build your walls up just to rip them apart
Is this the way to fix this or is this a quick fix?
I really couldn't say
Can you medicate, medicate, medicate it away?

I turn down the hallway and keep walking till I find his door.

Whoa, whoa
Oh, medicate it away
Whoa, whoa (Whoa)

I compose my self and knock on the door.

Oh, medicate it away

I wait a couple of minutes and knock again louder this time and he finally opens the door.

"We need to talk." I say.

"Come in." He says opening the door for me to come in then shutting the door behind us.